05

JULIA POV

I turn around and see the twins standing behind us. I look at Claire who is lost for words.

"Hi," I say and I stand up. "My name is Julia and this is Claire, also known as one of your biggest fans!"

I hear a gasp coming from her direction, and as I look over she looks at me. If looks could kill... She quickly gets up and reaches out to shake the twins hands.

"Hi, great to meet you!" she almost yells. 

"You too," they say in sync. "Do you want a photo or something?" One of them asks.

"Oh my god, yes please," she says softly, handing her phone to me.

I get away from behind the bench and open the camera app. "Ready?" I ask and three heads nodded. I take the picture and swap the camera for a selfie. "Another one!" I say and take 3 selfies of myself.

"JULIA!" Claire yells. "NO SELFIES!"

The twins laugh and quickly pose again. I take another 4 pictures.

"Do you want a photo too?" The other asks, presuming it's Grayson since he had one tampon-ish earring.

"Why not," I say with a smile. "But can I ask something first?"

Grayson's cheeks turn red and he nods. I see Ethan rolling his eyes in the corner of my eye. Why? I ask myself.

"Why do you have a tampon as an earring?" I ask Grayson.

"OH MY G-" he yells, leaving me confused.

"Sorry," he then says and clears his throat. "It's not a tampon, it's a wing."

I come close to his face and look at it. "Ah, you're right. Sorry about that." I say and get in between them for the photo. 

"Dolan sandwich!" I yell and Claire takes the photos. The twins laugh.

"Now at least it's not a posey photo," I say, looking at the photos with a content smile on my face. 

"Hey, you're right!" Ethan says. "We look actually happy!"

"Aren't you then?" I ask, frowning.

"Of course we are," Grayson says, "but today has been weird."

"Same for us," Claire then says. "We've been thrown out that stupid restaurant right in front of your eyes."

The boys chuckle, "yeah that actually made our day a lot better."

"I'm glad we could help," I say with a smile. "And thanks for the photos and your time."

The boys smile back and wave at us before they walk away.

"Can you believe this?!" Claire squeals, "we met them!"

I laugh and start walking towards our car. "I know honey, now calm down and let's go home."

I get in the driver's seat and plug my phone into the aux. I hand it to Claire and let her decide the song. She chooses "prune, you talk funny" by Gus Dapperton and I couldn't agree more.

••••

After a while, we got home, ordered some pizza and decide to see what fun stuff was in the house. We find two longboards and decided that we would 'take these bad boys out for a ride', as Claire said.

"Let me put on some shoes and I'm ready," I tell her.

I run to my room and grab the first pair I find. Baby blue slip on vans. I look in the mirror, notice I'm wearing a baby blue sweater and am content with the way I look. 

Claire was already outside and opened the gate. "Ready?" she asks and I nod. I get on the longboard and take a left after the gate. Claire quickly rides beside me.

"Do you know where to go?" she asks me and I say no.

"Who cares?" I say, "let's just go somewhere."

After a few minutes, Claire suddenly stops and I almost fell from my board because of it.

"What the fuck, Claire," I say but she puts her index finger in front of her lips as she slowly walks up to me.

"They live here," she says, looking at the house without a gate. It had various "D's" and "T's" on the wall.

"Well, that wasn't too hard to find then," I say, ready to continue our trip to god knows where.

"No wait, take a picture of me quickly!" and she hands me her phone and I do as I was told.

"Now let's go please, this is extremely awkward," I say.

We get back on our boards and ride away into the sunset. After a mile or so we find a little lookout point and decide to go there.

"Holy crap, this is beautiful," I say. There was no one around us. If you look to the left you could see our house perfectly. 

Suddenly Claire starts yelling "YEAH" and a few "WOOHOO"'s here and there. I laugh at her but she doesn't care. I open Snapchat and put a photo of the view in my story. Then I open Instagram, wanting to do the same when suddenly I see 2 people have followed me. I tap on my notifications and gasp.

ethandolan started following you.

graysondolan started following you.

"Oh my god, Claire," I say, "look at your Instagram please!"

I already followed Grayson, and decided to follow Ethan back. I always thought of Grayson as 'the hotter twin'.

Claire screams again. "OH MY GOD THEY FOLLOW ME?!" she yells and starts jumping up and down. "I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT THEY FOLLOW ME!"

I laugh until tears forming in my eyes, she looks so ridiculous and I'd tried to snapchat her. Suddenly we hear something far away.

"NO PROBLEM!" The boys shout from their backyard. We look over and see them wave at us.

"They heard me," Claire whispers, face all red. I laugh again and pull her in for a hug.

"Look at us, our second day," I say, facing the boys who walked back into their house. "We stay in a giant house, already been kicked out of a restaurant, met the Dolan twins and now they even follow us!"

I see tears in Claire's eyes. "I know," she starts, "it's amazing, isn't it?"

I nod and tighten the hug before I let go of her. "Let's go back," I suggest and she agrees. Before we get on our boards, we both take a quick look back at the view and start riding off.

•••

SO the first contact with the twins!!! I'm sure we can all agree that we're Claire in this situation but I wanted to give the story a spin the other way around!

Thank you for reading again, I hope you liked it and if you did please vote for this chapter!!

Love you so much for reading this, pEaCe!!!!!!