10

GRAYSON POV

Why? Why did I have to kiss her? I can't wrap my head around it. We walk over to Ethan and Claire, her arm wrapped around my waist. I wrapped mine over her shoulders.

"I'm really proud of you," I say.

"I know, me too," She replies.

"Hey! How was it?" Claire asks, mainly pointed to Julia.

"It was so cool!" Julia answers with a smile from ear to ear. "How did it go with you two?"

"It was amazing!" Claire says, also smiling.

"So I guess you are dating now?" Julia then bluntly asks. I see Ethan and Claire looking startled by her question.

"I-I don't know?" Ethan says, "I mean we just met? But I don't know let's get to know each other and then start dating?"

Claire shrugs, "sure," she says trying to act nonchalant. She can't keep that up much longer, and quickly a smile grew on her face, and she kisses Ethan on his cheek.

"Yay! I'm so happy for you!" Julia says, jumping up and down from excitement. I just high five Ethan.

We decided to go back to our place, and the ride home was kind of awkward. Julia didn't look at me once, she just hummed to the music that was on. I feel like she played 'thank u, next' on purpose. I just hope nothing changes between us now.

After an hour and a half, she suddenly takes a right turn, while we were supposed to take a left.

"Where are we going?" Claire asks, frowning.

"I just want some Starbucks," Julia replies with a grin. "You guys want anything?"

We decided to shout our orders out the window at the drive-through.

"Let me pay," I offer, but Julia refuses.

"Why?" She raises her eyebrow, "I can pay for myself."

I shrug and let her pay. She hands me everyone's drinks and drives away. As we step in the house, she didn't look at me once again. This is making me nervous. I hope she doesn't hate me now, but if she did, why put an arm around me? Drowned in my thoughts, I almost bump into the glass door to the backyard.

"You okay bro?" Ethan chuckles, and I shrug.

"I did something stupid," I say as I sit down. "I kissed Julia after we landed and now she doesn't say a thing anymore or look at me."

Ethan shakes his head. "Just let it be, and stop hitting on her so hard," he says with a grin. I laugh and agree.

"They are probably talking about it too," Ethan says, pointing with his head towards the kitchen where Claire and Julia are talking. Julia has a frown on her face, while Claire talks to her.

•••••

JULIA POV

I try to avoid any eye contact with Grayson as we walk towards the house. Claire and I walk in front of the twins.

"Can I speak with you in the kitchen later?" I ask her softly, and she nods.

We walk in, and I walk straight to the kitchen.

"Can we grab something to snack?" Claire asks as she follows me and Ethan nods his head, followed by a zombie Grayson who almost bumps into the glass door. I had to hold in my laugh or else he knows I was looking at him.