Distance

Lance's P.O.V.

After we rescued Shiro the black lion refuses him forcing Keith to still pilot both the black and red lion. Ever since then Keith has been keeping his distance from us all especially the black lion. Spending more and more time with the blade of Marmora. Everyone knows that I have a crush on Keith. Which is why I'm slightly upset that I never get to see him.

But today is a good day because Keith has just finished a mission with the blade. Hearing their ship dock I run over to the loading bay. When I get there i find Keith talking to a galra with a reptilian tail I think his name is Regris. Noticing me his mask disappears as he pulls his hood down. Revealing the small scratches on his face. Regris swats Keith in the back of his head light with his tail. Keith glares at him before heading over to me. "Hey Lance."

"Hey Keith."

That's when I notice something different about Keith. He was ever, so slightly taller then me. Which is odd because I was taller then Keith by 6 inches. Now he stands at least three inches over me. "Wow did you hit a growth spurt or something."

"What oh yeah something like that."

Tugging at the collar of his Marmora armor he gives me a small rare smile. "Hey lance do you know where Shiro is? I need to talk to him."

"I think he is in the training room."

Together we head off the the training room bickering like always. Finding Shiro in the training room Keith tells the program to stop. Shiro is about to grumble at us until he sees that its Keith and a smile appears on his face. After entering the training area Keith is pulled into a tight hug. When he finally lets go of Keith he realizes the same thing I did. "What is the blade feeding you you've grown."

"Actually Shiro we didn't come here to relax we have a another mission, but there's something Kolivan, Regris, and I need to talk to you and Allura about in private before we leave."

He glances at me and it makes my heart break ever, so slightly. 'What could he want to tell Shiro that he doesn't want me to know about? Doesn't he trust me?'

"Of course Keith."

I watch them as they leave with Regris and Kolivan quickly joining behind them.

Keith's P.O.V.

I walk around our ship nervously as we head to the castle of lions. Tugging at my Marmora armor hoping non of the spots show. That is until Regris hits me with his whip of a tail. "Ow what the hell Regris that hurt."

"Well then stop pacing and messing with your armor it covers every inch of your body."

"Regris is right Keith you need to relax."

"I don't even think this is why he is nervous I think its because someone can't wait to see a certain blue palladian."

Blushing under my mask I growl at him confirming his suspicions. While Kolivan on the other hand raises an eyebrow at us. Shaking his head he turns back to the controls muttering something about us acting like cubs. When we dock Regris and I head off the ship. "So are you excited to see your mate?"

I am glad that my mask is still on, so that Regris can't see the blush covering my face. "He's not my mate."

Hearing footsteps I turn to see Lance making his way over to us. Letting my mask disappear I pull down my hood praying that non of the purple splotches on my skin can be seen. Regris hits me lightly in the back of my head with his tail as he says. "He may not be your mate now, but he will be someday."

Glaring at him a growl and him quietly, so Lance can't hear it. Walking over to him I pray he doesn't notice the changes. "Hey Lance."

"Hey Keith."