The 9 Realms

Copyright Ⓒ 2018 by B. Bailey All Rights Reserved  

Yggdrasil, the Great Ash, according to Norse Mythology, was the first tree and contains all life and death. Within this tree there exist 9 Realms, although there is a 10th Realm that is held within Nifleheim and Muspelheim that isn't counted in the overall structure, known as Helheim. These Realms make up three Domains - Ethereal, Mortal and Incorporeal.

P.S. I apologize for the quality. I am having a hard time getting used to a tablet for artwork and didn't really have the patience to make great art. I focus on realistic sketches and am trying to get the hang of illustrations and celtic art because I love them and am bad when it comes to technology.

 I focus on realistic sketches and am trying to get the hang of illustrations and celtic art because I love them and am bad when it comes to technology

  The 9 Realms are connected by three Roots of Yggdrasil which can be safely traveled upon as long as you have great skill or greatly skilled companions.   

Asgard - Aesir - Gods (Ethereal)

The uppermost Realm of the Aesir, Asgard is known for always being warm and bright. The leader of this Realm is Odin and he sits on his throne Hlidskjalf to watch over the other Realms and help out in times of crisis. Obsessed with knowledge, Odin once let himself hand by the neck in Yggdrasil for 9 days just so he could understand the strange runes carved into the base of the great tree.

 A true believer in sharing knowledge, he had no qualms of spreading the news of the Cycle of Immortality, which many beings did not even know they were in, coming to an end. Everyone needs to decide how they will live their lives and he is helping make that line clear because the battle is coming and no one will be spared from annihilation. 

Recognizing the fear that he and the others would feel at their end, he looked to the humblest of Realms to inspire hope in the face of defeat - Midgard, for mortals fight in face of death every day. 

He and his wife Freyja both took such a liking to courage that they made two halls to honor and train the best Mortal Warriors: Valhalla and Folkvang. They also head the Guardian Council that works with Lifs and Lifthrasirs and oversees the training of the Adhains and Dorchadais.