katsuki bakugo [𝙛𝙞𝙧𝙚𝙬𝙤𝙧𝙠𝙨]

KATSUKI BAKUGO X READER: FIREWORKS

WARNING: LANGUAGE, FLUFF

✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  

Out of everyone on the planet Earth, [Name] [Surname] probably had the worst luck of all. The young female groaned as she smacked her head against the stalled local train's metal walls repeatedly, ignoring perplexed looks from other passengers. 

Today was the Summer Festival, [Name]'s classmates, the students of 1-A, decided to make plans and have a fun night together. They were going to dress up in traditional wear, meet up at the festival , walk around, check out the food stalls, play games, and relax in the wide grass field. Later, after the sunset, there would be a firework show. 

The thing that [Name] was looking forward to most about the Summer Festival was getting to watch the fireworks with her crush, Katsuki Bakugou. She had daydreamed about all the possible ways it could go, and all of them ended with her (hopefully) getting a kiss. 

But that seemed out of reach at the moment. 

[Name]'s car just HAD to break down today, and when she tried to take the local train, it unexpectedly stopped, saying it was going to be delayed by an hour. She bit her lip and checked her phone-it was 7:30 PM, and the sun was going to set at 7:45. All of her classmates had arrived at 7:00 and they were frantically texting her, to which she replied 'just go on without me, my car broke down.' 

"Excuse me sir, how long is the walk from here to the Cherry Blossom Park?" [Name] asked a train conductor as he walked by. The man turned around and thought for a second before replying. 

"It's a 30 minute walk, I think." 

"Thank you sir!" 

That was all the information the girl needed. She was wearing a long kimono and sandals, but she would walk until her feet bled. Just for a chance to watch fireworks with Bakugo. 

____

"Hello? [Name]?" A bubbly brunette said as she took out her phone. Bakugo's ears perked up at the sound of his crush's name, but he scoffed and went back to picking the grass. 

What the hell is this girl doing to me? My heart is all... Fast... And loud... 

"Oh, you finally made it! Yeah, we're all under the biggest cherry blossom tree!" Ochaco explained. After the call was over, everyone settled in their blankets and watched the sky. The sun had already set, and the first firework rocketed into the sky, exploding in sparks of green. They just kept flying up into the sky after that, and [Name] still wasn't here. He felt slightly nervous at the thought of her not being present. What if she missed it? 

Bakugo grunted and crossed his arms. The only reason he had agreed to come to the festival was because of [Name]. Even though he wouldn't admit it to anyone, he was head over heels with her. She was gorgeous, smart, strong, and didn't take shit from anyone. But she was also so gentle, so kind, so loving... 

The frantic smacking of sandals against pavement drew Bakugo out of his trance. Just as the last and most beautiful finale firework had exploded, [Name]'s figure became visible by the blinding light the explosion reflected. 

Bakugo tore his eyes away from the gorgeous, golden firework to look at [Name]. She stood with a defeated look in her eyes. Her space buns were messy and her clothes were slightly wrinkled from running, but Bakugo thought she was the most beautiful thing he had ever seen. 

The kimono she was wearing reflected the night sky-it was dark blue with a silver sash and had silver constellations on them, all stitched with accuracy and love. The girl walked closer and slumped down next to Bakugo. His heart pounded faster. 

"Hey idiot, what took you so long?" He asked in a harsh voice. The girl only brought her legs up to her chest and buried her face in them. 

"M-My car broke down.. Then the local trains were delayed.. So I walked... B-but it's too late." The girl sniffled. 

With a pang of his heart, Bakugo realized by the girl's voice that she was almost in tears. He didn't understand why just seeing a tiny little firework show meant so much to her, but he immediately had the urge to hug her and tell her everything was okay. 

As the girl tried to hold back her tears so she wouldn't embarrass herself in front of her crush, a soft source of heat warmed her forearm. She looked up with surprise to see Bakugo holding a large, calloused palm out in front of her face, just the right distance away so she wouldn't get hurt. 

He controlled the sparks with a pink tinge on his face, making them look like beautiful sparks of orange, yellow, and red. And even though it wasn't the equivalent of a giant firework display, [Name] watched in awe. Bakugo looked at her with a calm expression on his face. In the soft, warm light of his quirk, her smiling face looked soft to the touch-and he really wanted to touch it-and her happy expression made him feel warm and fuzzy inside. The beautiful sparks in his hand reflected in the deep pools of (e/c) that were her eyes. 

Finally, the flickering died out, and the light did too. The two were in the dark, only lit by half-working streetlights. The Cherry blossom swayed gently in the wind. Teenagers ran around and laughed, and the soft, distant sound of food fryers echoed throughout all the stalls. Class 1-A all chattered amongst themselves, but it seemed like [Name] and Bakugo were the only people in the world at the moment. 

"[Name]," Bakugo started gruffly. The girl cut him off by gently cupping his soft, warm cheek and leaning in. Their lips collided together, a feeling that felt quite like fireworks in [Name]'s stomach. His lips were soft and moved in synch with hers, and surprisingly, he was gentle and not rough. 

The two broke apart, and [Name], finally processing what she did, blushed a bright red and hid her face in her kimono sleeve. 

"I-I'm sorry, I should h-have asked-" 

 Bakugo pulled her in for another kiss, this one more full of passion. She could only sit back and go with it as he showed her how much he really loved her. 

"[Name]..." He started gruffly, but a sudden 'BOOM!' scared the living daylights out of the girl. She yelped and jumped slightly into the ashy blonde boy's arms, looking towards the sky. 

There was one last firework. As it rocketed upwards towards the sky, it burst in an array of orange and green, displaying a message that made [Name]'s eyes tear up with joy.  

❝[NAME], I FUCKING LOVE YOU OR WHATEVER. -BAKUGO KATSUKI❞