CHRISTMAS IN OAKHEART

*The feedback I have received for the sequel so far it's honestly amazing, thank you so much everyone. I promise I will not disappoint with this book hehe, it's gonna be a roller coaster though.  Till December 5th I will uploading everyday and after that once or twice a week depending on...well, life. If the second half of this chapter seems familiar to some of you it's because it was also posted on the previous book as a bonus chapter but not as the full, edited version, this is the final edited version.  

                                                  CHRISTMAS IN OAKHEART

                                                                    CHLOE

Crap, it was officially Christmas break.

Certainly, that must be something you didn't expect from a college girl who lived alone in New York City to be saying –or anyone, ever- but I like to surprise people.

Lately though, people seemed to like to surprise me.

"Will you stop?" my boyfriend Jonah said while I was having a crisis. "You are just spending Christmas break in your hometown with your parents, it's not the end of the world."

Oh yes, yes it was.

I let out a 'yeah sure' laugh; "You obviously haven't met them that's why you're saying that. Trust me if you knew them you would understand." I grabbed another perfectly folded blouse from the suitcase he was making and threw it on my table, along with ten others.

Maybe I could call in sick. That's it! Who would want to be around me if I had a cold? They would probably be too scared to catch one.

"I'm trying to pack your shit here..." he trailed off in a 'so stop throwing them out of the suitcase' tone.

I waved my hand dismissively "That's okay you don't have to because I'm not going. I will call in sick."

The last thing I wanted right now was to spend Christmas in Oakheart after the most incredible five months of my life. Five months of freedom, of living the life I dreamed off for so long, of being away from my shitty hometown.

Going back there, even if it was for a couple of days, felt like everything would go back to how they were before. And I hated that.

Jonah rolled his eyes at me "Seriously? Come on Chloe it's only a couple of days. Besides, haven't you missed them? At least Seth."

I sighed. Seth yes, I had missed Seth.

It felt like forever ago since I had last seen my younger brother. I spoke to him every day on the phone of course but it wasn't the same.

"Yes I have." I groaned and fell down onto the mattress, next to the suitcase. "If only I could just see him and not them."

Jonah laughed "Okay you're making it sound like they are really shitty parents you know that?"

"Good. Cause they are."

It really sounded awful for a child to say that for their parents but in my case... that was the truth. My parents never had the reputation of being good parents, no matter what everyone around Oakheart said. They always tried to make it seem like we were the perfect family but we weren't. My parents were really close minded and judgmental. Growing up was like hell for my brother and I.

It sucked having parents who only cared about what other people thought of our family. They thought we were perfect, I thought we were a mess.

That's why I didn't want to see them and that's why I hadn't told them the truth about my... living situation right now. They would never understand.