GRADUATION NIGHT

This is mostly a flashback chapter. The part that is written in italics is the flashback part.

It's always great to read your guys comments and thoughts on Chloe and the story. I've always tried to make my stories as realistic as possible and this one won't be an exception. The first part of this book solely focuses on the planning of the baptism and Chloe's battle to forgive/forget what Ryder has done. Will she? *shrugs* All I know is that they are gonna be a few surprises and plot twists that you won't see coming. Ugh, I'm just so excited!

                                                            GRADUATION NIGHT

                                                                       RYDER

I've never felt angrier in my entire life.

Every bone in my body was shaking with anger as I stormed out of the coffee shop and got inside my car, completely ignoring Annabelle and Jared who were calling me back.

"You're so stupid Ryder." I muttered to myself, punching the steering wheel with all I had as I begun driving down the street.

How could I be so stupid? What was wrong with me? I kept fucking up, how was that even possible?

Chloe was never supposed to find out about that night with Rebecca. She was never supposed to find out about lots of things but let's stay to that. No one was supposed to find out about me and Rebecca because it was a mistake. A drunken, stupid mistake that I had put behind me. Little did I know it was gonna come back and bite me in the ass.

I sighed in desperation as my mind drifted back to that awful night. My graduation night. I shouldn't have drink so much... but I did.

GRADUATION NIGHT.

My high school graduation day came faster than I expected; faster than I wanted it to. Crazy right? Who would've though; Ryder West not going ballistic over finally graduating high school, after years of bitching about wanting to graduate high school.

Irony was a bitch.

I didn't felt like going home after the graduation ceremony. Mostly because home didn't felt like... well, home anymore. I don't know if it ever did to be honest but at least there was a time when my mother, Jobeth and I would get along. You know share some laughs, talk about irrelevant stuff... just talk. About anything.

Those days were over though.

Because I had fucked up.

I climbed up Jared's porch steps with a heavy heart and before I could knock, the door had already flown open and Jared was standing there, grinning at me like a Chesire cat.

"Is that a high school graduate I see? I think the fuck yes!"

I grunted.

He laughed and hugged me against my will "What's with the grimy face? You did it man, you finally graduated! Even though none of us actually believed you would."

I pulled away, glaring at him and giving him the finger even though from inside me I was like; 'that sounds about right.'

"Thanks asshole."

I stepped inside to the living room where Ella and her soon- to-be daughter in law, Annabelle where sitting watching TV.

"Don't listen to my son Ryder! Congratulations! The best is yet to come!"