EXPLANATIONS

EXPLANATIONS

CHLOE

What. The. Hell.

No. I couldn't be possibly seeing right. There was no way in hell he was standing in front of me for the second time in two days. In my best friend's house.

But, no, surely there he stood staring at me back in pure shock.

"What is this?" I asked an equally shocked Annabelle and Jared.

"We didn't plan this I swear." Annabelle stammered out quickly "Ryder... stops by every now and then."

What the hell did that even mean?

"You look good Chloe." he had the nerve to say.

We all turned to look at him with shocked expressions. How dared he? After everything that he did to me, after everything he put me through... how dare he talked to me? And to what... to give me a compliment!? He had some nerve!

"Okaaay..." Jared spoke for all of us, dragging Ryder to the door "Let's get you out of here."

Mrs. Peters, who had no idea what was happening stopped him; "Oh wait. We're teaching Sam to give kisses do you want to see?" She grabbed her grandson in her arms "Come on Sam; give your godfather a goodbye kiss."

His... his what!? "His... what?" I freaked out, staring at Annabelle in shock.

"Okaaay mom let's get you out of here too." Jared said, leading his confused mom to the kitchen while saying to her ear "I will explain later."

I turned to Annabelle for an explanation "What is going on?"

She was speechless "I... uh..."

I heard Ryder sighing from behind me "Look... I can explain."

I spinned around to glare at him, fuming with anger "I don't want you to explain anything to me." I spit at him.

He didn't seem surprised at all by my outburst "Yeah... you're right. I'm sorry."

He was sorry? For which of all the shit he had done to me and put me through was he actually sorry for?

"Ryder." Annabelle said "Is best for you to go."

He nodded "Yeah... okay."

She gave him an apologetic smile "Come by tomorrow okay?"

He nodded, giving her, much to my surprise... a peck on the cheek. With one last glance towards me which I ignored by turning my back to him, he was gone.

I was lost for words! I wasn't sure if the last few minutes had really happened or if it was just all in my imagination.

I was fuming with anger. What was Ryder doing in my best friend's house anyway? Well, technically it was Jared's house, his best friend house but... why was he here? Why was he so... friendly with Annabelle? And why the hell had Mrs. Peters called my godson his?

There was only one explanation here.

My lip trembled as I asked her; "Since when has Ryder West replaced me in your life?"