FOR THE LOVE OF GOD

A/N

  I know... I know. COULD I BE UPLOADING THIS MORE LATE? Shoutout to anyone who gets this reference lmao. 2019 has been a loooong year so far both in a good and in a bad way. But what i can say for sure is that this book will be finished.  Sooner or later, it will be finished.

 Also, I have some great news to share for the people that have read the first book or even for the ones that are planning on reading it. At least they are great news for me. After a lot of thinking I've decided to re-write the first book. It's going to have a better, improved version but the story will remain the same obviously. It's going to be written in both Chloe and Ryder's POV -just like this one- and it's going to have new scenes, some new characters and more insight of what happened with the trio; Sam/Ryder/Seth. I will upload the prologue sometime this week.

Now, enjoy this 2month-late-I-know-I-suck chapter .

***

             FOR THE LOVE OF GOD
                          CHLOE

Sunday has always been church day.

Even in rough times, even when I didn't felt like getting up from the bed and facing reality, whatever the case was, I always went to Sunday's service.

Being a Christian, I always had a special relationship with God. I always believed in him and would always believe. There was only one moment in my life that I had doubted him, which to this day I still regret; it was the day that my brother overdosed and no one knew if he was going to make it out alive out of that emergency room. In a really rare and stupid moment of mine I put the blame on God for whatever happened to Seth, even though God had nothing to do with Seth's reckless life decisions.

After I realized that my faith only grew bigger and stronger.

I didn't get to attend church as much as I would like to in Manhattan with college and all but since I was back in Oakheart for the holidays, it seemed like it was the best place to be right now.

"Chloe!" Priest Lucas exclaimed as he spotted me, making his way to me "It's so good to see you again!" he said as he approached me on the choir stalls on the altar.

I remember when I used to share those stalls with Annabelle, back in our teenage years. It was the place we grew up in and it made me emotional to think that I would never have that missing piece of my life back.

I smiled and rose up from my seat "It's good to be back priest Lucas." I said kissing his hand "Happy Holidays."

"Happy Holidays to you too. I'm glad you're back for the holidays. Oakheart is the best place to be during this time of the year."

Church wise? Yes. Life wise? Not so much. "I know. We always have the best services"

"I was really glad when your mother called me to tell me that you agreed to be a chorister again, even just for the holidays. Just like old days."

Just like old days indeed. "Me too." I simply said, keeping the fact that she didn't even asked me in the first place to myself.

"You're gonna be here for the New Year's Eve service too right?" he made sure.

I nodded "Of course."

As if I was this lucky to leave Oakheart so soon...

"Oh that's great. I'm so happy to hear that. We used to have you all the time here and now that you are gone we all miss you. Massachusetts and Harvard are lucky to have you."