CHRISTMAS EVE

This chapter was supposed to be up a week ago, I know it and I'm so sorry. My computer is pretty much dying a long time now and keeps freezing and shutting down for no reason. I know what will you all say; "Just get a new computer Jeesh" but the thing is - as embarrassing as it sounds- I'm emotionally attached to it because this is where I wrote "Last Friday Night" and "He's Bad News" and where I am currently writing my new stories so it's hard to let it go lmao. But don't worry the sequel is happening.

Also I didn't plan uploading this chapter on Christmas Eve (for some countries) but since it happened that way well...it fits perfectly. And since it's already December 25th in Greece; Merry Christmas or Happy Hanuka, depending what you're celebrating, if you're celebrating.

CHRISTMAS EVE

RYDER

Christmas Eve. That dreadful day was here yet again.

I stared at my reflection in the mirror as I tried for about the hundredth time to tie my tie. I looked like a moron dressed up in those fancy black pants and black button up shirt but apparently it was a special occasion tonight and I needed to look 'my best'.

While all I really wanted to do actually was just drink my ass off. Let the rest of that awful day pass with the easiest way possible.

There was a knock at my bedroom's door and my mom stuck her head in "Hey are you ready?" she asked, looking at me up and down "Are you really wearing those shoes?" she said looking with disgust my black Dr. Martens.

"I said yes to the tie, you're just gonna have to say yes to the boots."

She huffed "Fine. Do you need help with that tie?"

"Fuck yes."

She chuckled and got inside my room, taking that goddamn fucking tie from my hands "I need you to be on your best behavior tonight."

I felt like a nine year old "Aren't I always?" I said sarcastically.

She gave me a dry look as she started tying my tie "I'm serious. Kevin has gone into all this trouble to invite us over for dinner tonight, you better not mess it up."

"Don't worry; I will not give your boyfriend a hard time."

"Well since he's your boss, I trust that you are smarter than to give him a hard time."

I gave her a kiss on the cheek "I'll behave, promise."

She sighed as she fixed my wrinkled shirt "For the last time are you sure you don't have a problem with us dating? Or do I have to force it out of you?"

I wrapped my hands in hers "If I had a problem with you seeing that guy you wouldn't be together now and I wouldn't be working for him."

She sighed relieved "Right. Ugh sorry but I'm really nervous for tonight. It's our first dinner together as a 'family'."

And not just that. Little did she know Kevin was actually going to propose tonight...

"Everything will be fine."

"Well if you say so who am I to disagree right?"

I gave her a smirk "Exactly."

Jobeth came then inside the room, wearing a green velvet dress and the same Dr.Martens boots I was wearing "Are you losers ready?"