CHAPTER ONE

Rumbles quaked and crashed within the atmosphere as pellets of ice raged upon the earth; it's tears drumming fiercely against the thick windshield of my old, banged up Chevy Silverado. Shadows of trees in the dark ripped by, my foot pressing onto the gas pedal evermore so. It's engines purred and it's tires screeched as I steered a sharp corner; high beams shining brightly to bring view of the yellow and white road lines in which i was meant to stay in between.

Feeling adventurous, I spun the volume dial and cranked the wheel side to side, singing freely along to Death Cab for Cutie's: "Different Names For The Same Thing", as I swerved between the two lanes on an empty back road. Windows rolled down despite that it had been raining pretty harshly, I reached my left hand out the window; feeling the cool breeze travel up my arm like a wavelength that sent trillions of shocks of coolness to the entirety of my body. The natural scent of pine filled my nostrils, which fueled my adrenaline. I exhaled, feeling at peace behind the wheel.

With no true destination on my mind, I drove on; enjoying the ride as the winding road took me on a journey of it's own. Times like these didn't come by very often, what with being poked and prodded by my career; I hadn't had hardly the chance of relaxation or time to myself. This was a refresher that I had needed oh-so desperately.

Just me, my truck and some Death Cab.

---

AN; the time has finally come. welcome to my first ever; merthur/brolin fanfiction! feedback is always welcomed and appreciated.💕 -lily
1/02/19

💕 -lily1/02/19