spending summer... can't be good! 22

Days and weeks past and the end of the summer is nearing. I never got a chance or toughen up to tell Bray how I really feel. We become closer though. We talk more and it's like I know more about him than I ever have. Which is good. I know for sure I want him. Not just because he's good looking. He has pretty good personality too. We have a few things in common, but also some things we disagreed on. That's okay. There were bound to be some disagreements. No relationship can be perfect. I hope this was becoming a relationship though.

"Giselle, Anna's coming over!" Seth announced. He and Anna were on-and-off couples. One week, they were lovey dovey, another, they were awkward towards each other like strangers. I don't get what's up with them. It's been like that for the past month or so.

"Whatever," I yelled back at him. I was in my room just doodling random designs while humming a tune I recognized but couldn't remember the name to. There was a knock on my door. I grunted to let them know they could come in.

"What are you doing?" I looked up and saw Bray. I smiled.

"Just drawing," I said. He nodded and came next to me.

"Looks nice," Bray commented. I laughed.

"I'm bored. Can you tell?" I asked. He nodded.

"Most definitely. Want to do something?" he asked.

"Nah, I want a day just to stay inside and do nothing," I said. Just then, my phone went off, signaling a text. I read it and smiled. Liv was coming back for the rest of the summer.

"What's up?" Bray asked, raising his eyebrows.

"Liv's coming back," I said.

"Cool, maybe you won't be bored," he said.

"Aw, how could I be bored with you right here?" I said, jokingly. He smiled and our eyes locked. It seemed like this happened a lot. We'd be talking, laughing, and then staring into each other's eyes. Nothing ever happens. One of us always pulls away or something interrupts us. This time, I was seriously believing that our lips would actually connect. But right on cue, the door flings open and we sprang apart. Seth and Anna is standing there looking amused.

"We were interrupting something?" Seth asked. He was totally a cool brother. Others would freak if something was happening between their little sister and best friend.

"There was nothing to interrupt," I said nonchalantly. Seth raised an eyebrow but didn't say anything.

"We're going to the movies, want to come?" Seth asked. I looked at Bray and we both nodded.

"Sure," I said, standing up. I pulled on a light jacket and we drove to the movies. At the movies, we were going to watch some comedy. Seth suggested, or well, wanted to watch a scary movie, but Anna didn't so he went with Anna. When he's actually together with her and not awkward, he acts like a whipped little cow. Seriously, that boy will do anything for that girl. I love Anna, don't get me wrong, but even I can see he turned into a wuss.

"We'll sit here," Anna said, pulling Seth along. Me and Bray went all the way to the back and sat, watching the darn previews.

"I hate previews," I mumbled.

"Me too," Bray agreed. I smiled.

The movie was okay. It wasn't as funny as it claimed to be. I had a few laughs but barely. Anna and Seth seemed awkward. They probably got in a disagreement in the movies or something. Something that usually happened. They'd disagree over the smallest things, get made, be awkwards towards each other, break up, and then get back together. It was a never ending cycle. But it would have to soon, summer is coming to a close end and Seth told me secretly that once summer is over, he's moving on from Anna. She's too much of a hassle for him to worry about.

"What did you think?" Bray asked me. I shrugged.

"It was okay," I said. He smiled.

"Yeah, not that great," he said.

"I'm bored," I sighed. He looked around and then pointed to an ice cream shop across the street.

"Want to go there?" he asked. I nodded.

"Definitely. Should we ask the love birds?" I asked. He laughed.

"Nah, they won't even notice our absence," he said, intwining our hands together and leading me to the ice cream shop. He never let go and I could feel tingles coursing through my veins. Sadly, he let go once we got inside.

"Let's try a new mix today," he said. I nodded.

"I'll pick something for you and you pick something for me," I said.

"Good idea," he said. I ordered him cake batter ice cream, chocolate ice cream, and rainbow sherbet with coconut flakes. A weird combo, but who knows? It could be good! We found a seat and exchanged ice cream.

"What did you get me?" I asked. He smiled.

"Cotton candy ice cream with gummy bears!" he exclaimed. I laughed.

"I feel like I'm 3 again!" I said. He smiled then looked at his ice cream concoction.

"What the hell is this?" he asked.

"A delicious mix," I said. He rolled his eyes and licked his ice cream and then had a wide smile on his face.

"Yum!" he said. I raised an eyebrow.

"Really?" I asked. He nodded.

"Want some?" he offered. I nodded and took a lick and made a face.

"Eww!" I said, spitting into a napkin. He laughed.

"Delicious mix you say? I beg to differ," he said. I smiled and spooned him some of my ice cream.

"We can share," I said. He smiled and we shared the ice cream.

"We look like a couple," he said. I liked the sound of that.

"Yeah," I murmured. He frowned for a second and then shook his head and finished the ice cream.

"Alright, let's go home," he said. I nodded. Hopefully, Anna and Seth were still by the theater. When we got back to the theater, they were still there. They were scolding us telling us they were worried. We both rolled our eyes and just got in the car. They followed in soon after and we drove home. Summer was almost over and yet I haven't said anything.