Chapter 15: Approved

"That's the end of my presentation. Thank you, everyone." Isang malutong na palakpak mula kay Sir Cose ang unang kumuha ng atensyon ko matapos kong magpresent. Sumunod naman ang palakas na palakpak mula sa ibang bosses. I waited for Tan's applause but there's none.

Looking at his face, I could hardly tell if he likes my idea or not.

"I like your plan, Aivanah." Ani ng isa sa mga bosses, the girl whose hair is tied up.

"Thank you, ma'am."

"I have to agree with Mrs. Pahilana. Medyo naguluhan ako sa umpisa pero eventually nakuha ko ang nais mong iparating." The guy opposite her seconded. I smiled.

"Sa tingin mo ba, magiging madali para sa Cofer na pasukin ang mundo ng mga nasa lower threshold?" Ang may katandaang lalaki ang nagtanong.

"I understand that this new strategy is a big risk for Cofer, sir. Hindi rin po magiging madali ang pagpasok sa lower threshold lalo na't ilang taon ring nakafocus sa elites ang ating mga produkto." I replied. Cose is giving me nods to show his support on me.

"Kaya nga." The same old man replied. "What if taking this big risk will put us down?" Napatango ako sa sinabi nya. He is actually making sense. Hindi biro ang risk na gagawin namin sa bagong stratehiyang ito.

"What if it turned out the other way around, sir?" Pagbabalik ko ng tanong na sinamahan ko pa ng isang makahulugang ngiti. "Just for the information of everyone, I graduated my degree here in Manila. I've been exposed to different classes in the society. Nakita ko ang needs ng bawat lebel ng pamumuhay and seeing it all, I realized that our company is not just for the elites."

"Cofer's products are produced to provide the needs of elite people, Aivanah." Napunta ang atensyon ko kay Tan na kanina pa tahimik. Mukhang mag-uumpisa na sya sa pagsasalita.

"I know." Sagot ko sa kanya. "But it's 2018 already. Cofer has run for more than 30 years already and it has been producing products for the elites since then. Lahat halos na klase ng produkto meron na ang Cofer, beauty products, canned goods, beverages, snacks. Name it . These products, Cofer products- the people in the lower threshold deserves them, too."

"We did a survey on the products that non-elite people trust. It turned out that almost 69% of them wanted Cofer products because they know the qualities of the products. The other 31% did not choose our products because they think the product is too heavy for their pockets." Sir Cose handed out the paper that contains the survey we did these past days. Then, he stood next to me.

"I still don't think this will be a good decision. Ilang taong namayagpag ang Cofer by just focusing on the elites." The other man in his 40's responded.

"I have to agree with Ivanah's performance. I think it's time to expand the products with the non-elites." The other boss said.

"Thank you, sir." I smiled pero tipid lang. "By the way, it's Aivanah." I have to correct him.

"It's a big risk for the company. We will fail--" the old man was cut off.

"Why don't we just vote? She already presented everything." The woman with the straight long hair stopped him. Nagsisang-ayunan naman ang ibang boses. They all looked at Tan's direction who is currently looking at his phone.

Hindi ko mapigilang di mapakunot-noo. Ako lang ba ang nakakapansin? He has been on his phone ever since I started presenting. Is he waiting for a text? A call, maybe? Or is he bored with my presentation that he chose to play?

"If that's the decision then let's do it. Everyone who is in favor of the new strategy, kindly raise your hand."

Five out of the eight bosses raised their hands in support to my proposal. The remaining 3, including Tan, did not. Anyways, di na yun mahalaga. Ang importante ngayon, majority of them agreed with my strategy.