Chapter 9

Viktor

Once night fell I went to fine Tanis who was in the living room with Lily and Ethan. Once in there, they said "My lord."

"I need help," I said making Lily say "Is this about happened with Jade yesterday."

I shook my head, walked over to the couch, sat down and said: "Yes I think we should get the coven ready as soon as possible."

Ethan grabbed a glass and said, "So we can put Kraven there or so we can get revenge."

"Both," I said.

Lily and him look at each other than to me and said: "The rest of the council is dead Viktor we should get the council back to full strength before we go to war with Lucian."

I looked at him and said, "No I want him dead as soon as possible."

David came in and said, "Then you can count me out of the fight Viktor."

I looked at him and said, "Why."

"Because this fight is yours not mine and I will not go into a fight I can't win plus I have been thinking of leaving the council."

"Why," I said. He sat down and said "It's not for me Viktor and you know it," he said which is true he hated the council but took over for his maker. I shook my head and said, "I can't make you stay and by the looks on you two face you are too."

Lily looked to Ethan who said, "I'm sorry Viktor but just like Jade comes first with you Lily comes first with me and this war is not my fight."

I understand both of there reason and I will not stop them not when I plan on having Drake do the same so Jade can be free of the council. Jade will always be my daughter and I love her but right now she safest away from me and this war so I said: "I understand Drake might be leaving as well so that leaves you, Tanis."

"Will you leave or stay."

"Where you go I go my lord.'

I shook my head and said, "Then go to the old coven and have it prepared."

He shook his head and said, "I will go tomorrow, for now, do you want to speak with Tyler."

Lily curled closer to Ethan's chest and said: "For what."

"Not all of the council was at the coven when it fell remember three were here and then four there that died."

"I remember now yes go tell them to get ready then tomorrow you will leave with Kraven to help."

Lily sat up and said, "You aren't going to kill him for what he did."

I leaned back into the couch and said: "He is my best death dealer and I need him right now plus this is my fault, not his."

David chuckled and said, "Wow Viktor admits something is his fault never thought I would see the day."

"Aren't you so funny David" I said, "So where do you all plan on going."

"Who knows, if what you say is true about Drake then maybe we will go with him and Jade."

Lily took Ethan's glass from him, took a sip and said: "Don't forget Lothaire I heard he is coming over and if Drake is leaving the council then they will no doubt travel together once more."

"True," Ethan said as he took his glass back making her say "Hey."

He looked at her and said, "Hey, what you took it from me, my love."

She just shrugged her shoulder and kissed him softly. God, I wish Jade is happy with Drake as Lily is with Ethan. I miss my love myself but I can't focus on that now I need to get revenge first. I was about to say something but I heard a soft voice say "What are you all doing."

I looked at the voice and saw Jade was leaning against the doorway. She looked like hell so I started to get up but Lily beat me to by rushing to her and saying "You should be in bed."

She looked at her and said, "I was hungry and Drake is still fast asleep so I came down to get something and I heard you all talking so yeah."

I stood up, walked over to her and said: "Come sit down."

She pouted "I am fine dad really just hungry, tired and sore a bit."

Lily crossed her arms and said, "That is not fine Jade."

She started to say something but I said: "She is right so come sit down and once you fed you are going back to bed."

She rolled her eyes but did as I told her to do. I lead her to the couch and sat her next to me. She put her head on my shoulder and closed her eyes. Lily sat back down next to Ethan and looked at Jade with worry. Lily was always like Jade's mother since her mother died at birth, she was just a baby.

Being an elder and a father of an infant isn't easy and they all helped me with her and care for her. Jade was half asleep so I said: "Come on drink and then go back to bed little one."

She looked at me with love and said "Fine but I need a glass."

I gave her my wrist making her tilt her head and said: "No you need your strength."

"My blood will heal you faster Jade."

She was about to say something but Drake said: "Just drink and come back to bed Jade."

I was about to say something but she said: "You should still be in bed Drake."

He leans into the doorway and said: "You were gone."

"Sorry."

He chuckled at her and said, "Don't be just feed and come to bed."

I looked at him and said, "You need blood as well."

He put his hand up and said: "I will be fine."

"If I drink then so do you," Jade said. Lily stood up to pour a full glass, walked over to him and said: "Here drink."

He took the glass and Jade took my wrist and feed. Once they were done Jade pulled her fangs out Drake handed lily his glass and said: "Come on Jade."

She shook her head and left with Drake but not before I said: "Do you need any help."

Drake looked at Jade who still looked like hell and said: "Carry her to my room."

She cocked her and whined, "I'm fine and can walk."

I stood up, walked over to her and said: "I don't care and neither does he now come."

She groans but put her arms around my neck and I picked her up bridal style to carry her to Drakes room. Once there I sat her down and left them to do what they want. I walked back down and saw everyone had left.

I looked outside and saw I still half a night to figure out how I will tell Jade she isn't coming with me. I will wait till she is married and has no choice but to stay with Drake. God, what fun that talk will be but that is for tomorrow, for now, I'm just going to rest for the night.