Chapter 35: Alethea

Professor Evanesca and Nurse Juliana rushed towards RB as Ezekiel immediately conjured a barrier around the entire park. Media vans have also started pouring in from all directions and the noise of helicopters from above filled the air.

I walked towards RB who's currently being frantically checked by Nurse Juliana for any contamination from the Freak Weirdo.

"Is he going to survive, Juliana?" Professor Evanesca asked the nurse. Even her voice is trembling.

"Based from what I've seen throughout my life as a Healer, he shouldn't," Nurse Juliana replied. "No one should survive after getting in contact with a Freak Weirdo; but as far as I can see, there are no signs of abnormality or contamination in his body. He's perfectly fine, I think."

"Your head's bleeding. You should get yourself healed as well," Ezekiel said to me.

"I'm fine," I replied. "This is just a scratch."

"Yeah... Blood is literally gushing out of your scratch," he said.

Nurse Juliana clicked her fingers, conjuring a stretcher right underneath RB. "We need to bring him to the infirmary. And you, Ike, should come as well. We need to get you checked for any contamination. Freak Weirdos are a big deal, and we have to make sure that you two are really fine."

I just nodded blankly as Professor Elena opened another portal. Nurse Juliana tried to force me onto a stretcher but I refused.

"We'll be going, then," Nurse Juliana said to the Evanescas. "Take care, you three. I'll see you later."

Professor Evanesca gave me a nod before tapping my shoulder. "Look after RB for me while we help here. He needs you."

I nodded. I've already lost my voice due to shock and fear.

Nurse Juliana and I stepped into the portal, directly behind us is RB who's lying on the floating stretcher. The portal led us right to the infirmary in Emerald. Nurse Juliana's staff immediately attended to us.

"Lie," Nurse Juliana said as she guided me to a bed. "Do you want to sleep?"

I shook my head.

Some of her staff started attending to my wounds and started checking my body for any sign of contamination from the Freak Weirdo. RB was also carried onto the bed right next to me. The staff immediately erected curtains around him.

"Hey there, Ike," Faye said. She's in her Healer uniform. "Good thing I'm here in the infirmary. What the hell happened back there? We were watching the news and the incident looked really, really horrible."

She looked at my face and sighed. "You need something to calm yourself. Grace, would you please fetch me a bottle of Calming Potion and a glass of water? Thank you," she said to one of her underclassmen.

Faye waved her hand above me, causing all the dirt in my body to disappear.

"I'm not going to heal your minor cuts," she said as a roll of medical gauze hovered in midair right beside her. "Your wound in the head looks pretty nasty, though. I will stop the bleeding and make it heal a bit. After I'm done attending to your wounds, go get changed into our robes here. We'll talk."

Faye's assistant came back carrying a glass of water and a bottle of potion on a tray. She put a droplet of the potion into the glass of water before stirring it vigorously. The clear water became pearly white and thick.

"Drink this," Faye said, handing over the glass to me. I drank the contents in one gulp, which, surprisingly, tasted like a thick and sweetened cream.