Chapter 84: The Divide

"If you want to perform the Obliteration Spell on someone, the soul, magic, and body of the person should be intact in a single entity for the spell to work. In my case, my magic already exists inside my son, therefore making me immune to the most powerful destroying spell in the universe. If you want to kill me, then you have to kill your Rubio first," Serafina said with a triumphant smile.

"Don't look at me as if it's my fault," she added. "Your headmistress put my son in this situation. She chose to petrify me despite knowing the fact that my son will suffer the consequences of her actions. I'm a mother, and I will never put my own child in danger."

Professor Evanesca stood up. "Stop acting like you didn't do anything bad to Rubio. If you truly are a mother, then you shouldn't have tampered with your son's heart and magic."

"What are you going to do to me? Petrify me again? Imprison me in the Time Citadel? You can't kill or even hurt me, Esmerelda. Also, I think your time is running out," Serafina said, scanning the headmistress' blackened hands.

Professor Evanesca's eyes glowed as sparks flew from her hands. "I'll just figure out a way."

A jet of green fire suddenly shot towards Serafina who immediately conjured a wall of darkness to block the attack. The green fire whirled around her before transforming into black flames that morphed further into a giant snake. Professor Evanesca slashed her hands at the colossal black reptile hissing at her, causing it to dissolve into puffs of smoke.

A rain of daggers fell out from the clouds of smoke and plummeted towards Serafina. As she raised her hand to disintegrate the daggers, jets of white light also shot towards her. Serafina just clicked her fingers and froze the jets of light in midair. With a flick of her hand, the white light changed to black that flew back to her opponent. Professor Evanesca jumped out of harm's way and into the air as wings made out of green smoke sprouted from her back.

Fights also erupted around the two ladies as the police, agents, and Emerald Guards clashed with villains, Purebloods, and Purgers. The villain side, led by Jaeron, tried to get past their opponents in order to capture Ike. Ezekiel and his group, however, made it difficult for the villains to advance.

"We can fight!" Faye shouted at Ezekiel. "We'll just be a burden to you if we stay here and do nothing. Serafina is disracted! This is the perfect time for us to get RB!"

"We have to keep you safe, especially Ike!" Ezekiel shouted back.

Faye smirked before gesturing behind her. "Do you think these people will let anything bad happen to us?"

Behind them, suddenly emerging from the darkness like ghosts, are their classmates, teammates, and friends from other classes. Aside from all their classmates in Class A, other students such as Jared, Cataleya, Jethro, and others also arrived to help them.

"Fine," Ezekiel said. "But if you ever get in a sticky situation, ask for help. Bring RB back to us, but always keep your eyes on Ike."

"How about you?" Ike asked who appears to have recovered a bit from the shock.

Ezekiel's eyes sparked. "I want to severe and crush a right hand tonight," he said as his black cloak dissolved into smoke, revealing his original agent suit. Streaks of blue light crisscrossed all over his body as he shot towards Jaeron who's currently fighting Professor Elena.

A lady in black suddenly hurtled through the air as Ike and his friends also dashed into the fray. Serafina crashed to the ground after being blasted away by Professor Evanesca. Upon seeing that several people are running towards her son, Serafina raised a smoky hand in RB's direction and made him rise into the air.