Cedric Diggory 》When You're Happy, I'm Happy

Anonymous queries: Would you do "when you're happy, I'm happy" and/or "I wish this moment would last forever" with Cedric? Thank you!

---

"Okay," you said, sitting atop the stone fence that surrounded the Diggorys' house in Ottery St Catchpole, holding Cedric's hand and staring up at the stars, "I'll admit it: the countryside is way better than London." It was quieter here, only the sound of crickets and your hushed voices filling the air — no sirens, no traffic, no drunken yelling — and there were so many stars in the sky it looked like glitter.

"I told you," Cedric joked, nudging your shoulder with his own.

You smiled brightly over at him. "I wish this moment would last forever," you told him.

He hummed. "I don't see why it can't." His gaze caught yours. "I mean, yeah, we still have one more year of classes ahead of us, but after that, this could be it. We could do this every night, whenever you want, forever. Here in the countryside — just me, you, and the crickets. And your cat, of course."

Your mouth opened slightly. "You mean that?" you asked.

He nodded, smiling. "Yeah, if that's what you wanted. When you're happy, I'm happy."

"That would make me very happy indeed."