Remus Lupin 》You Are My Sunshine

spideyfan456 queries: 46 "Your lips are so kissable" and 59 "You are my sunshine"? With Remus, of course, cause he's just too cute not to love. :) Also really love your writing btw!

---

You knew you'd promised Remus that you two would study together but Godric were you bored, and the rest of the boys were off pulling off a prank that Remus wanted no part of, so it was the first time in forever that you'd gotten their room all to yourselves and the idea of spending it reading up on symbolism in divination sounded like a waste to you.

Remus was sitting on the edge of his bed, back turned to you as he dug through the drawer in his night table for a bottle of ink. Silently, you crawled up behind him and wrapped your arms around his waist. You felt his laugh more than you heard it, and it made you smile against his back.

"Alright, love?" he asked.

"You are my sunshine," you sang in response. "My only sunshine. You make me happy when skies and gray. You'll never know, dear, how much I love you..."

He turned slightly and looked at you over his shoulder. "You know that's a sad song, right?"

"Do you plan on running away with someone else?"

He shook his head.

"Then 's not sad."

He smiled, turning further in your arms so that he could face you and wrap an arm around you. "Are you bored?"

You nodded, biting your lip guiltily. "It's just such a downer. Everything means death."

"You only think that because Trelawney predicted yours last week."

"Thank you for reminding me of that." You closed your book gently and tossed it further down the bed. "Since I'm going to die soon, do you really want to spend your remaining moments with me reading about tea leaves?"

He rolled his eyes playfully but closed his book, too, and placed it, along with his quill, on top of the night table. "Alright, you've got a point."

You laid back on the bed, tugging on his red and gold necktie to follow you. He obliged, crawling over you on his hands and knees.

"You know," you said, "I've been reading those muggle fairy tales and I think I know a cure to what's killing me."

"Is that so?"

You nodded, putting on a faux-serious expression. "True love's kiss."

He lowered his head slightly, eyes trained on yours. "And who would you guess your true love is?"

"Newt Scamander," you answered easily. "I bet he's got scars. Scars are so h—"

"You're very funny."

You reached up and wrapped your arms around his neck. "Am I cheesy to believe that my school boyfriend is my true love?"

"Definitely."

"Newt Scamander would have said I wasn't."

"Newt Scamander would be a liar. You wouldn't want to spend your life with a liar, would you?" he asked, bending down to place a kiss on your neck.

"I suppose not."

He smirked against your skin. "What kind of person would you want to spend your life with?"

"Well, I quite liked The Beauty and the Beast..."

"Even funnier," he said, but his shoulders shook with a laugh despite his feigned annoyance.

You smiled, turning your head to look at him. "I want someone smart and kind and brave, someone I can be myself with, someone who makes me laugh when I don't want to laugh..." You cocked an eyebrow. "What do you want?"

He brushed a hand over your cheek. "I'm cheesy. I just want my school girlfriend."

"Good save there, Lupin."

He grinned and wrapped his arms around you as he rolled you both so he was on his back and you were on top of him. His gaze fell to your smile.

"Your lips are so kissable," he mumbled.

"Good, 'cause you still haven't saved me yet and I can feel the life slowly leaving my body."

He chuckled and leaned up, kissing you softly.

"Better?" he asked.

You nodded slightly. "A bit, but not completely. I think I'm gonna need a few more of those before I'm back at one-hundred."

"Anything for my princess," he said before molding his lips against your own again.