Timing

This was a request on my tumblr

Jake sighed for the fifth time in two minutes, groaning you looked at your partner.

"Dude really?" You raised an eyebrow.

He shrugged and turned to you with soft eyes. He always seemed to have soft eyes when he looked at you.

"He's over two hours late and I want a drink."

Jake dialled the captain and spoke for a few minutes before he stood up and held out his hand for you. Pulling you up he wrapped an arm around your shoulders and the pair of you joked as you walked down the steps.

"What you in the mood for?"

"Hmmm slushy?" You asked.

Jake grinned and nodded frantically.

It was cold outside and you were only wearing a shirt so Jake was quick to notice that you were shivering. Without you noticing he shed is beloved leather jacket and wrapped it around your shoulders.

"You seemed cold." He simply said.

"Thank you.." you mumbled thankful that the darkness hid your blush.

The shop was only around the corner so you guys got there pretty quick. Jake got a combo of all the flavours and you got (F/F). And you both walked up the the cashier. Before you had a chance to pull out your card Jake had already paid.

"I could've done that."

Jake instantly grinned.

"I could have done that-" "Jake no.." "Jake yes. NAME OF YOUR SEX TAPE!!" He yelled.

The cashier burst out laughing and you blushed madly sending a punch in his arm and Jake pretended to be hurt.

"Ass.." You grinned.

Sending you a grin back he took the time to admire you. You looked cute in his coat.

"Hey, I was wondering if Uhm.. you uhh.. wanted to.. you know.. got one a da-"

Jake was instantly cut of by you slapping him. He felt rejected until he seen you point across the store. There, looking at beer was your suspect.

"NYPD PUT YOUR HANDS UP!" Jake shouted.

The man threw his hands in the air and Jake cuffed him, grabbing yours and his drinks you guys headed back.

The car ride was silent but it was welcome for Jake to think. When they got back, you were the one to escort him up to your designated floor.

Making sure he was in holding Jake turned to you and took his drink back. His eyes looked anywhere but yours. Not that he didn't want to he loved your eyes but he was nervous.

"You were going to ask me something?"

"Oh never mind." He smiled.

Taking a sip of your drink you leaned in a kissed Jake on the nose making him instantly light up a bright red. Jaw slack and eyes wide.

"I'd love to go on a date with you nerd." You smiled.

"YES! NOICE! SCORE!" He shouted and wrapped you up in a large hug. Other officers clapping and some laughing