2- Ice Cream

Your POV

30 minutes prior 

"Y/N, your shift ended," a soft, deep voice said.  You looked up from your phone screen to find Jisung Park standing over you.  

Sigh.

He was so cute, with his soft electric blue hair and bright eyes...

You looked back up to find him staring at you and felt your face heat up.  "Okay, thanks," you said with a smile, attempting to hide your blush as you took off your apron as you ran past him, hoping that he wouldn't notice.  You hung the apron up on the hook in the back room before grabbing your coat and bag from the rack and then signed off your name on the clipboard that hung on the doorway so that Manager would know that you were here today.  The time on your phone said that was 7:10.  Shoot.  You were supposed to meet up with your business class partner, Mark at his friend's apartment about ten minutes ago for a project.  

"Bye, Jisung!" you yelled as you ran out the door.  He smiled brightly and waved before taking out his phone to watch videos, which was honestly a big mood. Sometimes, being a cashier at a convenience store could be boring.  

The grand apartment complex was only a block from here, so it didn't take you long to find the correct one.  Standing before you was probably one of the most expensive apartment buildings ever. Whoever this person is must be rich.

Sorry but can't relate.

The room, you remembered from Mark's careful instructions, was on the 4th floor, second door to the left of the elevator, apartment #402.  You knocked on the door and then waited.  A few seconds later, it opened, "Hey-" There was a brief and awkward pause as you waited for the voice to continue.  When it didn't, you looked up, only to be met by a vaguely familiar face. 

"Y/N?" The boy that stood at the door had red hair, which was the first thing that your eyes landed on.  And Wow.  He sure did have nice hair.  The boy wore black jeans and a red and black top.  And somehow, the vibe of a kpop star seemed to emanate from him as if he'd just jumped out of a music video.  Strangely enough, you kind of wanted to say that you know him from somewhere, but you couldn't.  

"How do you know my name?" The words slipped out of your mouth.  The boy just stared at you.  In fact, he stared for quite a while and probably would have continued to stare for another decade or two, had a familiar face not popped up in the open doorway.  

Praise the high cheese it's Mark.

You smiled at your friend, brightly.  

"Hey, Y/N!" the brown-haired boy said, pushing the red-haired boy out of the way, "and don't mind my friend.  His name is Taeyong, by the way." Taeyong? That was a name you certainly heard before, but where? 

The boy who had just been pushed aside gave you a cold death- glare, muttering something under his breath before stalking away up a flight of stairs.  Somewhere, you heard a door slam, loudly and flinched.  

Damn he's cold af.  

Mark noticed your frown and let out an awkward laugh, "Don't worry, you did nothing wrong," he said, "Taeyong can be like that when you first meet him, but he's a big softie." 

Big softie?  With that cold-ass expression?  Or is his duality just as opposite as the North and South Pole?

Sure, Mark.  Sure.

Mark seemed to talk too much.  Way too much.  You silently wondered if he was drunk or high or something.  He was acting too hyper.  Or maybe it's me, you thought because it was rare for you to step out of your own dorm to do something other than study.  You might as well have seemed dead to the world.  

Probably am, too.

You both focused for an hour on organizing your ideas, to no avail.  Mark kept getting sidetracked by telling stories not related to what you had to research while you tried to work on your part of the project.  After another half an hour of attempting to work out a decent plan, you felt like giving up and went to the kitchen to see if there was something to drink.  

You didn't really notice that he was there until the tub of green tea ice cream hit the counter with a dull thud.  The boy, Taeyong sat down at one in one of the high chairs that lined the spotless counter and started to eat the green stuff with a spoon, far beyond caring about sharing.  Not that you liked green tea ice cream, but still.  You sighed, giving him a weak smile, which he returned harshly, his handsome features twisted into a scowl like no other.  

"Hey, man!" Mark sat down at the counter and took a spoonful of ice cream from Taeyong, oblivious to his glare.  He ate happily.  You looked around and noticed an empty beer can that sat untouched at the end of the counter and then another two in the trashcan, then looked back up at Mark, who was currently attempting to sing, very loudly.  It was obnoxious singing, indeed, but you can't help but let out a small chuckle because you found it funny.  He can't sing at all.  

"Mark, are you drunk?" You asked.  The brown-haired boy stared at you so innocently that you would have believed his answer- if it weren't for the beer cans you had found. 

"No."

Damn right. I know you are.

You looked at him again, "Are you sure?" You held up the empty beer can.

The boy looked at you with wide eyes, "I'm not drunk-" He started, defensively.   

"He's drunk." 

Taeyong's dark, silky voice cut in, making you shiver as you turned to face him.  It was the first time that you have ever heard him talk to you, but hell.  You weren't sure if you should be seduced by his voice or scared.  Then, he looked at the tub of ice cream, analyzing it as if it were some scientific experiment.  Then, he looked back up at you with a curious expression in his dark eyes.  

"Do you want some ice cream, Y/N?"