13.5- Game On

if you don't get basketball terminology, then don't worry.

Taeyong's POV

"Over here, Tae!" Taeyong dribbled the ball down the court, looking to his left and right as he attempted to maneuver around Jeno, who currently blocked his path.  He spotted Lucas to his left, the only player available to pass the ball to.  

Taeyong passed the ball to Lucas, who began to dribble towards the basket, only to be stopped by a flurry of orange hair and height– Jisung.  The boy swooped in and stole the ball before bursting across to the other side of the court and scoring a point with ease.  

In the bleachers, the girls were all cheering along with the rest of his friends.  Several were holding signs and blinking posters with his teammates' names on them.  Others sat and watched, intrigued by the game played by the handsome boys.  Taeyong thought he spotted Y/N, but he wasn't quite sure.   

The game was now 3- 0.  NCT U was losing.  Taeyong waited for the clock to run out to announce a break time before jogging over to his teammates.  

"Hey, we need a better strategy."  He grabbed a water bottle from the cooler, taking a towel from the bench nearby to wipe away the sweat from his neck before calling for a team huddle-up.

"We can't let Dream win this game, so we have to rethink how we can get past their defense,"  Taeyong said,"  Jaehyun take the small-forwards. Lucas can take the power-forwards position near the goal.  WinWin to the center and Doyoung take the shooting guard.  Jungwoo will be our backup, this time.  If Dreamies take the offensive, then take full-court press defense.  Jaehyun and I will take the lead.  And don't let Jisung get the ball." 

"Got it!"

Taeyong and the rest of the team ran back onto the court as the crowd roared in response.  Both NCT U and Dream met each other in the middle, Mark, the referee with the ball. 

The teams broke off into their positions as soon as the ball was passed off to NCT U.  Taeyong was immediately tailed by Jisung, NCT Dream's point guard.  

Taeyong backtracked, protecting his right side while glancing at Jisung to check to see if he was still tracking.  To no surprise, the younger boy was watching his every move, intent on stealing the ball.  Taeyong paused, sizing up his options before veering off to the side, sweeping past Jisung's defenses only to be blocked by ChenLe.  He quickly passed the ball off to Doyoung, who immediately took the shot, the ball hitting the backboard as it swept through the metal hoop.  Score.  

Taeyong gave Doyoung a pat on the back, "Good job." Doyoung shook the sweat from his face and nodded, his eyes still narrowed with concentration and adrenaline.  Of course.  This was perhaps the game of the semester.  

The Dreamies managed to get past all defenses thrown at them by NCT U, scoring another point thanks to Rejun's quick actions as he jumped, dunking the ball through the hoop.  Half of the court cheered.   

Though he was concentrating on the game, he couldn't help but notice her as she sat at the end of the bleachers, her coffee-colored cardigan flapping lightly in the cool breeze.  Her eyes weren't fixated anywhere in particular- she just watched the boys quietly from her corner of the small world she knew.  Y/N.  Taeyong lifted a hand in the air, waving in her direction.  She smiled with those bright and beautiful eyes of hers, the ones that seemed to hold a whole universe inside of them whenever she saw him.  

Beautiful.  Taeyong thought to himself.  

Just beautiful.