16- Mafia

Taeyong's POV

"I will find her, no matter what," Taeyong growled as he paced back and forth.  He was agitated and had been for the past several hours since the first night had come and gone.  Jisung was supposed to meet up with who he expected to be some of Jina's lackeys tonight.  

"Calm down, you are going to find her." Taeyong turned to glare at Mark.  

"Like I know that she will be alive by then. Jina does what she wants to, and she wants Y/N dead."

Mark opened his mouth to say something when there was a loud knocking on the apartment door.  

Bang. Bang. Bang.

"Open up! This is the mafia!"  

Taeyong looked at Mark, his eyebrows raised in mild interest.  The mafia? Since when?

Meanwhile, everyone else looked at the door with fear.  

Taeyong slowly went to the door as it continued to shake, "Calm down, I'm coming to open the door," he said, not that it made any difference.  

The young man, the leader of the group stared down at Taeyong, "Where is the boss? Where did she take him?" He asked, grabbing Taeyong's shirt collar. 

"I don't know who you are referring to," he stated calmly.  But the emphasis on "she" caught his attention.

"You know, your crazy-ass sister, huh?" The comment made him laugh, his hunch about the "she" confirmed.   Who else was crazy enough to challenge even the mafia?

"Jina took my girlfriend, and you are asking me where she took your boss?" The man hesitated but Taeyong continued, his voice rising, "You don't think that I am desperately trying to get my girlfriend back and that I'm going to lose someone that I love to a crazy bitch?"

The young man looked in what seemed like confusion, but then his face turned to anger, "how dare you challenge-" He raised his fist to punch Taeyong.

"Wait!" The voice came from one of the other members of the supposed mafia group.  A young man stepped forward, his eyes full of worry, "You mean Jina has Y/N?"

Taeyong narrowed his eyes," How do you know Y/N?"

The young man looked at Taeyong, "I know her because she is Daniel's closest friend. She's one of mine, too."

Daniel?  Ah, Kang Daniel.  So this was about Wanna One, too.  

"Ong, take it easy, okay?"  The young man directed this order to Taeyong's captor.  The man, Ong, let his collar go with a wary glance.

"Sorry, there."

"No problem," Taeyong replied, cooly.

The young man that had obviously saved his face stepped forward with his hand out, "I'm Guanlin."

Taeyong shook his hand and invited the group inside.

"So you say that they have demanded to have one of your rookies meet them tonight? Which one?" Guanlin asked as Taeyong handed him a can of beer.

From the floor, a nervous Jisung raised his hand, "That would be me, sir."

Guanlin eyed the younger boy in interest, but continued, "...and you say that they want him alone, with no interference?"

Taeyong nodded, "If anyone is near that is related to this, then she kills Y/N and Jisung if he is near enough.  We can't have anyone else following him should they choose to take him to the location where they have her."

"Who said that we needed someone to follow her.  We can rat out the location from right here."

"With what?" 

"GPS tracking system.  They won't know what hit them until we do."  Taeyong rolled his eyes but smiled as he did so.  Guanlin smiled back.

"We'll have your girl back in no time."

Your POV

You hadn't seen your adopted brother since the day that he got arrested for drug charges, and then after you heard that he had been released, he never returned home.  

"Why are you here?" You asked as he stepped forward. 

BamBam smirked. "Why do you think I'm here, Y/N? My family abandoned me."

"We didn't abandon you.  You never returned home!" 

He laughed, "Yeh, but you guys never tried to help me.  It was all about you.  You this, you that...And I was sick and tired of it." He put an arm around Jina, which made you almost gag, "Which is why I joined this job, instead."

" In the mafia? In kidnapping? In attempted murder?"  You asked, your own voice rising in both pain and anger at seeing your own brother like this.  Like who he was.  BamBam had never been like this when he was younger.  He had been that cute and innocent kid that always offered you ice cream and made you laugh, the brother that you missed.  And it made you sick to know that it wasn't the boy that you saw standing in front of you.

BamBam was in your face before you knew it, "And were you there when they visited me in jail?" he sneered, "Your parents disowned me.  They mocked me for being such a bad son.  They told me that they had always known that you were the better child." 

The words made you flinch, made your blood go cold and your hands numb at the thought of your parents doing such a thing.  Nothing was making sense anymore.  First BamBam and then your own parents? You felt betrayed.  

"Why are you here?" Your voice sounded numb, too.  

"Are you crazy, Y/N? I'm going to make you pay for being the favorite child."

____________________________