Chapter 11

A/N okay it has seriously been a while since I last updated and I'm sorry but I'm on vacation in Florida! So here's the update enjoy!

<Johanna's POV>

"Thresh's sons name will be, Sam Thresh," I say smirking. I look at everyone's reactions. All the girls are awing and all the guys are smiling so much I'm afraid that their lips may fall off.

"Jo that's perfect. Thresh would love that," Annie says coming up to me and rubbing my shoulder. My eyes are tear filled.

<Cato's POV>

We get Jo out of the hospital the next day. I drive her home. Just me and her.

"I'm really proud of you," I say to Jo.

"Why so?" She gives me a questioning look.

"Because you are pregnant with Thresh's baby, and Thresh is no longer with us, you are coping so well," I answer. I see her start to cry.

"Cato, you're the one that found Thresh. I have barely seen you cry once. I am proud of you," Jo says. I guess she's right. That night was the worst night of my life. She smiles to me and I smile back. For some reason I feel like she is the superwoman in our group of misfits. Without our group I know that I would have nothing. I am so deep into thought about how great our group is I forget to look back at the road.

That's when I feel a mound of force hit my side. I hear Jo scream. My car rolls over so it's upside down. My head and side throb. The last thing I think of is I may have just killed my best friend and her son.

<Peeta's POV>

I go to my house after seeing Jo instead of to me and Finnick's dorm. When I get home I smile because my mother isn't there. When I walk in I go into the kitchen and prepare to bake some cheese buns for Kat.

I see something on the counter. It's my mothers to do book. I wouldn't of even bothered to look at it but I see my name. When I read it I am so shocked that I stumble back.

The book reads

Pack Peeta's things

Load car

Call Peeta to come over

Knock him out and drive to California

I can't believe she would do this! We live in Vermont! California is all the way across the country!

I get in my car and go to the jewelers and then to Kat's.

When I get there I knock on the door quietly. Kat answers. "Hi Peeta I-"

She stops talking when I get down on one knee and hold out a velvet box. Katniss just stared at me tears filling her eyes. "Katniss Everdeen, I have loved you ever since I layed my eyes on you. I want to be with you the rest of my life and after. You are like seeing the first dandelion in the spring and I love you. Will you marry me?"

"Yes Peeta! I will!" I slide the engagement ring on her finger and she pulls me up and kisses me. All of the sudden she pulls away.

"Wait. Why are you asking me out of nowhere. We are still in college!"

"You really want to know! My mother wants to knock me out and take me to California! She could knock me out with medications any time. If we get married we can prevent that from happening because we will be together, and when we go on a honeymoon she will probably go without me. And the biggest reason is I love you and I'm ready to marry you!"

She looks at me for a second then says, "I see now and I still agree. But why California?"

"My drunk dad lives there," She nods and we kiss again and relief floods through me. "When should we tell everyone?" Kat asks. I smirk.

"We should tell them over dinner," I suggest. She nods tears of joy still falling down her face. We kiss for a long time until we hear sirens heading down the road that leads to our university.

"Peeta what if it's one of us!" She says referring to the misfits. Katniss starts shaking.

"Shh it's okay. Just tell Rue and Prim that you are going out," I tell her. She does and then we follow the ambulance and the police cars.