Part III

"Remember that song we listened to on the radio while we were on a road trip to Shanghai? Of how time stops when you're with the one you love? You just laughed because you thought it wasn't possible. How could time possibly stop, you said. You said you've never felt that way before over someone. Even for the person you used to like.

That time, I just replied to you saying, "same, same", and laughed, when the truth is, the moment I turned to look at your face, with the wind blowing your hair all over, I felt like time had stopped.

You were so beautiful, my heart started beating so fast. I knew then that it was true. I couldn't even look you in the eye after that. You've probably forgotten." 

I watched as tears started to form in her eyes and to fall

I watched as tears started to form in her eyes and to fall. It made me want to burst out in tears too but I wanted to keep my cool.

I see Xixi, Xize, Kuan, Kido & Kang whispering to each other and giving me this look as if they were telling me to cry. Kuan even made this cry baby pose with his fists. I know they'll make fun of me after this at the reception so I shake my head from the momentary distraction and turn back to her.

"I knew it that one night when you called me up in the middle of the night to tell me how happy you were for winning that award you got for that role you've been dreaming of since you were 12 that I wished I was the one you get to tell all your achievements and happiness to."

I clear my throat. "I knew the moment I knelt in one knee on top of the building where we shot our first kiss in Meteor Garden; asking you to be my wife, that I meant it. I knew...." I pause as I felt my voice starting to crack. I knew if I didn't finish this quick that tears would start dripping down my face.

I straightened up as I look her straight in the eyes again.

"I knew, Shen Yue...", I pause again and breathe deeply. "I knew, the moment you stepped out that door and walked down the aisle that you were the girl I wanted to spend my whole life with."

This time, I could no longer hold it all in. My knees felt like they were betraying me and I could feel my body weaken. Tears started to fall down from my eyes. I looked down as I let all of it flow, covering my eyes with my fingers.

She smiles, her eyes still filled with tears, embraces me tight as the whole crowd goes in uproar. I was taken aback. She wasn't supposed to do this, was she? At least not yet? Oh why bother.

She smelled like fresh roses. Like a new morning. I hug her tight, not wanting to let her go. She was finally in my arms. For real. And I don't want it to ever end.

Our embrace loosen up as it was her time to give her vows. "You're my dream girl, Yue Yue. My bao bei. The moon that embraces me." I whisper in her ears as she slowly removes her arms from the embrace.