Part VI

I take the microphone from her right hand as I repeat the same vows she had declared, "I, Wang He Di, take you, Shen Yue, for my lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or worse, for richer or poorer, I promise to be true to you in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health, I will love you and honor you all the days of my life, until death do us part."

I pause to smile before adding, "And to the next life, my love. This is my solemn vow."

She smiles, this time, mouth wide; giving me a glimpse of that perfect smile she always gives me.

"Wang He Di and Shen Yue, please face one another and join hands. Shen Yue, do you take Wang He Di to be your lawfully wedded husband? By making this commitment, you are joining in the sacred covenant of marriage.

Do you promise to honor him in love, to be sensitive to his needs, to comfort him in difficulty, and to put your full and complete trust in him, so long as you both shall live?

"I do"

"Wang He Di, do you take Shen Yue to be your lawfully wedded wife? By making this commitment, you are joining in the covenant of marriage.

Do you promise to honor her in love, to be sensitive to her needs, to comfort her in difficulty, and to put your full and complete trust in her, so long as you both shall live?"

"I do", my voice shaking.