{#65} [T] - SUPER BASIC FACTS.

11th November 2018.

I seriously should have put this way back before... but I hope there are still newbies around here who are still reading this book :).

Note : this is a more clear version than last time. I wasn't that good at explaining when I started. (Part #24)

So, here are some basic facts about covers from me :

1) the official size of a Wattpad cover is 512 × 800 pixels. To save memory, try 256 × 400 (lower quality/blur). For amazing quality, try 1024 × 1600 (it drains your memory). DON'T MAKE A SQUARE COVER!

2) a cover should contain the title, the author (real name or username), optionally a subtitle. [So many covers are just random pictures with slaps of title then boom, that is a horrible cover]

3) the background picture for the cover should relate to the title. I don't wanna see a cover of a guy kissing a girl for a book about boy × boy stories. (Support #LGBT+)

4) the color and sizes of texts should blend well together. If no colors match the picture, use the classic black and white. If the texts are too big, it'll make the cover seem full; if the texts are too small, it'll actually seem blurry, bland and not clear. [Check part #24 for samples]

5) a good manipulation cover is not just some PNG slapped onto a background and millions of overlays, ornaments, and filters filling up the cover. A manipulation cover is cover where the PNG should blend well with the background to 'manipulate' one's eye. The lighting, the color scheme, and the concept is also important.

6) don't disappoint the people who ordered the cover if you have a cover shop. Don't open a business when your cover is still basic. Seriously. Tons of people trick naïve authors by making terrible covers. I'm not offending anyone, but please realize it and start improving. Every gigantic trees comes from a tiny seed.

7) be confident of what you have made (but not too confident; it's just plain cringy).

8) don't just go with one flow, there are varieties of style to try! Don't just make 'aesthetic' covers for ten years non-stop, you won't improve your skills.

9) try to get inspiration from Pinterest! A lot of skilled graphic designers post their covers there and you should save that as an inspiration. But please, don't plagiarize.

10) give credit to the person who took the picture you used for you cover, or tell them the source... you could just state 'all source belongs to the rightful owners'.

THANK YOU FOR READING GUYS!!!

Ciao.