Confusion

Deep in the deserts of Cairo, Indiana Jones and Sallah are in search for the Ark of the Coveneant. They are in the place where they believe it is resting. A team of diggers have followed them and dug until they found a large, stone tablet. They cleared off the corners to pry out the stone, to reveal the Well of Souls. The tablet is removed and Indiana and Sallah look in. Both with fascination and confusion.
"Indy," Sallah asked, with somewhat of uncertainly in his voice, "why does the floor move?" Indiana eyes went big. It couldn't have been? It better not of.
"Hand me your torch!" Indiana told him. Sallah got his torch and gave to Indiana. He dropped the torch into the Well of Souls and heard slithers and hisses when it reached the ground. Indiana rolled on his side, almost in defeat.
"Snakes. Why'd it have to be snakes?" he asked himself. He hated them. Ever since he was a child, he hated them. He was scared to death of them. Snakes were the last thing Indiana wanted to see during this.
"That's, that's very dangerous. You go first." Sallah recommended. Indiana looked at him in disbelief. But he sighed and began to prepare himself for this. He tied a rope around his waist, waited to make sure everyone had a strong grip on the rope and jumped into the Well. The men holding the rope were surprised of the weight Indiana carried and almost dropped him. They managed to regain their strength and continued to lower Indiana more into the Well. There was a sudden clash of thunder that frightened the men, and dropped Indiana on the ground. Right in front of a King Cobra. Indiana was petrified of the snake and stayed frozen, with a look of fear on his face. He slowly made small movements to get away from the snake. The snake lost interest in him and left. Indiana sighed in relief and got the equipment he needed; Gasoline, hose, liquid pumper, and a bucket. He filled the bucket with the gasoline and put the hose and liquid pumper in there. He began to spray the snake-infested floor with the gasoline.
"Sallah! Get down here!" Sallah looked in the Well with disbelief. But then something hit him. Indiana's voice. The way he told him to join him. It was demanding. He liked it. It made him feel something. Something he couldn't explain. It was almost like a feeling of affection. He shook his head and cleared his mind. He began to descend the rope to join his friend. Sallah was nervous entering the Well. It felt like forever getting to ground level. When he touched the ground, Indiana helped him down, then they walked over towards the area where the Ark was resting. Sallah hesitated before walking next to Indiana. He turned around.
"Are you okay Sallah?" Sallah stared at Indiana. He looked into his hazel eyes. Sallah slowly walked close to Indiana.
"Sallah? What are you doing?" Indiana asked. He was cautious about Sallah's actions.
"Indy, please forgive me." and following those words, he kissed Indiana on the lips. Indiana was shocked and immediately pulled back.
"What the hell Sallah!" Indiana yelled. He wiped his mouth and stood there, so confused about what happened. He looked back at Sallah who looked upset. He could see it in his eyes. Indiana looked at his friend one last time before something shocking happened to the both of them. Indiana kissed him back. Sallah melted into the kiss, wrapping his arms around Indiana's waist, while Indiana wrapped his arms around Sallah. They stood there kissing each other for what felt like eternity. Then Indiana broke off the kiss with a smirk.
"Uhm...uhm..." he was speechless at that moment.
"Let's go find the Ark!" Sallah said, and grabbed Indiana's hand. They both smiled and walked towards the direction of the Ark.
"Okay."