Chapter Five

Jelani watches as the client looks over the items while Paul and Ulysses make sure they were paid in full. Erik stands nearby, hand on his gun just in case things wanted to pop off. They hear two cars pull up and they turn to look. Two black SUVs have arrived and the doors open to reveal Everett Ross, King T'Challa, two guards with Ross and two women with T'Challa.

"What is he doing here?" Ulysses ask.

"I don't know," Jelani says as she looks at the client. "Everything good?"

"Yes, Miss Klaue. You and your team never disappoint. Is the money all there?"

"Yes, it is," Paul says. " All $500,000. You tip well sir."

He chuckles as his men load their trucks.

"I wish we could stay and talk but you have friends."

"I know. Uninvited friends."

He chuckles.

"Keep in touch Miss Klaue."

"You too, Noah."

He gets in his truck and pulls off as Paul puts the money in the truck and stands on the right of Jelani, Marcus next to him. Ulysses and Erik are on her left. Jelani looks at Ross with unimpressed eyes.

"Why are you here Ross?"

"I brought your diamonds."

"And you brought a feral cat with you," she says, looking at T'Challa, before looking back at Ross. "You couldn't call ahead?"

"My apologies but I didn't want any surprises this time."

"Because having the King of Wakanda with you is normal?" Erik asks.

"It's not," Ulysses says. "He's here for me."

T'Challa is silent.

"Get the vibranium, Marcus."

"Yes, Ma'am."

He walks to the truck and pulls the black case out. Ross walks forward with his case.

"Tell your cat to back up," Jelani says. "I'm allergic to cats."

Okoye growls.

"I will rip you to shreds."

"Get the kitten. She's acting up as well," Ulysses says with a smirk.

Jelani feels her skin becoming warm again. A voice whispers in her ear.

Steady. Do not blow just yet.

Marcus and Ross exchange suitcases, Marcus opening it to reveal the diamonds.

"Get in the car Poppa."

"I am--"

"That's not up for debate. Get in the car."

Ulysses wants to argue but the look Jelani gives him tells him this is not up for debate. He turns, walking back to the truck when suddenly a shot rings out. Jelani is pushed down by Erik who returns the shot. She growls as she rips her trench coat off and pulls her rod out, the rod expanding into the staff it is as she runs forward. Jelani snaps it in half, hitting the button to reveal the hidden scythes and throws one, hitting one of Ross' men in the chest. She rips it out as she grabs the end of Okoye's spear. Blue sapphire eyes look at Okoye who masks her surprise. Okoye flies into Ayo as Jelani turns, looking at them.

"Boss!"

'Jelani turns and sees her father on the floor, holding his chest, bright red blood spilling from his fingers.