Chapter Twenty

Three Months Later
T'Challa hasn't seen or heard from Jelani in weeks. After the battle, she had disappeared. Not even Erik had heard from her. He sighs as he shakes himself out of his daze as he looks at his council who is staring at him.

"I'm sorry everyone," T'Challa says. "I am not all here and I don't want to waste your times. Is it okay with everyone if we adjourn until next week?"

There are nods of agreements and T'Challa ends the meeting. He sits, watching as everyone leaves. He looks up as he feels a hand on his shoulder and he sees it's his mother.

"She will come back T'Challa," she says softly as she kisses his forehead.

"I know...but I miss her..."

Ramonda gives a small smile as she walks out with Shuri. T'Challa stands, nodding to his Dora as he walks towards the exit.

"Take the evening off," he tells them.

"Are you sure?" Okoye asks, looking at him with concern in his eyes.

"Yes."

T'Challa walks off, taking his time as he goes down the hall. He reaches his quarters and sighs before entering. He closes the door, removing his shoes before going into his living room. He goes about his evening routine, showering and dressing in just his pyjama pants. T'Challa makes himself some tea before turning, walking to the living room.

The mug hits the vibranium floors and T'Challa tackles the woman, crying into her shoulder. Jelani holds T'Challa as he cries, squeezing her tight as if she will disappear again.

"You're here...you're really here..."

"Yes, I am darling."

T'Challa pulls back, looking into the white eyes of Jelani's and he grabs her hand, holding it as she touches his face. She wipes his tears away as she pulls his face close to kiss him. He kisses her, chasing after her for more. She laughs as he peppers kisses all over her face, holding her tight.

"T'Challa! I'm here!"

"No...Don't want to let go..."

"I need to breathe."

He blushes and loosens his hold but doesn't let go.

"Are you about to go to bed? Should I go--"

"NO!" T'Challa yells making her give him a look and he blushes. "No...stay...please..."

"Because you asked so nicely..."

T'Challa roles his eyes as she laughs, following after him as he intertwines their fingers together. They enter the bedroom and T'Challa throws her the top to his pyjamas. She changes, revealing her brown skin and a new tattoo running up her thigh lower back. He walks over, kneeling as he traces it with his hand, Jelani watching as he touches it.

"It's a dragon...and a panther..."

"Do you like it?"

He looks up at her and smiles as he kisses where the Dragon and panther meet.

"I love it."

She smiles as she buttons the top and he stands, hands travelling up to her waist as he kisses her again. They tumble onto the bed and she chuckles, kissing his temple.

"T'Challa?"

"Yes?"

"I'm hungry."

"You're not going to leave if I go and make you dinner?"

"No. Promise."

He looks at her and she chuckles.

"I'll come with you."