Chapter 16

"Shh!" I shushed Nash as I placed another card onto Cameron's face.

Nash followed placing one on his forehead making him stir in his sleep. I had this.

It had been a week since the party and we hadn't seen Maddie since. The party had actually made it onto the news and my father found out and grounded me for five days. Mahogany, Sean, Hayes, Carter, and both Jacks flew home that night we looked at the pictures all of them leaving for different reasons. Staying for the rest of the summer was Nash, Cam, Matt, Aaron, and Taylor. Mahogany was coming back this Saturday.

It had been an all around fun week. Nash and I hung out a lot and my face healed more. Nash and I went to mini golf for our second date our first was just to see a movie and ice cream. The boys and I, Chris John and Cassidy included, all went go-carting yesterday and then to this trampoline place followed by bumper boats.

Today was more of a lazy day and we stuck around the beach and in the apartment. Nash Cameron and Matt came upstairs and we had a baking contest and Cameron won making pizza. Which we all happily ate for dinner. Then everyone left when John asked who wanted to go see the one direction concert then to explain that there would be a bunch of single "hot chicks" there. Nash Cameron and I stayed behind and watched Pink Panther and now he was sound asleep on the couch and I introduced Nash to one of my favorite childhood games. The game How Many Cards?.

I had a lot of memories of this game. As a child Chris and I had two sets of cousins on my mom's side we has eleven that we use to spend every summer with and every holiday and vacation. The my dad's side was the "other cousins" there was 29 of them and we only got to see them once a year on Thanks Giving which our family hosted because we had the largest house and dinning room so we could fit the whole family. My dad has 10 siblings not including himself. And that side of the family were really close but we spent the summers in the cape closer to my mom's family and they stayed at a quaint Sunapee, New Hampshire house. Chris and I had only been there a few times in our lives our most recent visit being last year when we worked at a craft fair with some of our cousins.

Our closest cousins on the Collins side where our Maryland cousins Liam Anna and Joseph. Or Liama Bean the skinny african child, Albino Squirrel and Joesepy. When Thanks Giving came around they would stay in our house for a few days with us thats when the game How Many Cards? was born.

Liama Bean: What time are we all meeting downstairs?

Christophé: 3:00 stay quiet.

Albino Squirrel: Is everyone in?

Me: yepp see you then

Anna and I snuck out of my room careful not to wake up our cousin Lauren in the next room. We crept down the long hallway down the marble staircase into the east wing of the house. Where the boys were sleeping on the couch. The other bedrooms being occupied by other cousins and family members Chris Liam and Joe were forced to sleep on the couch on the main floor living room. As we entered the elegantly decorated room the blankets and pillows seamed out of place.

Liam was on a beanbag over by the large windows that reached from the floor to the high ceiling. The moon lit up the room casting shadows. Chris slowly woke up when Anna shook him. I tip toed over to Liam's side lightly shaking him.

"Liam? Llliiiaamm? Liam!" I harshly whispered, nothing.

I looked over to the fireplace to the mantel where the new vase from my aunt held Lindor Chocolates. An idea popped into my 13 year old head.

"Guys?" I caught the attention of Anna and Chris. "Lets wake him up by throwing those at him." I motioned to the chocolates.

"Good idea" Anna agreed "Chris can you grab them?"