Chapter 18

"Wait I though you were in California?" Brendan looked at me.

"How do you know each other?" Cassandra asked

"I met her one day when mom was in the hospital."

"Mom? Oh shit this is them?" Nash said looking towards me.

"Wait who are we?"

As if the situation couldn't get anymore awkward and weird the front door opened again. Two more people walked into the kitchen.

"No way your Nash Grier!" Abigail screeched.

"Who is Nash Grier?" Brendan questioned.

It was her in a hat and large sweater and pajama pants the man behind her taking in the sene.

"I am Nash Grier." Nash waved at him.

"Abigail calm down it isn't time to fangirl."

"Fangirl is he famous? Who is he?"

"I'm still Nash Grier."

The frail women made eye contact with me. Relization in her eyes.

"Ansley? Ansley is that you?" Christina asked.

"Mom how do you know her?" Annie looked to her mom.

"Is that your daughter?" John asked his wife looking up at me.

"Yes."

"No. No I'm not." I stood up turning to find my way back out the door.

Nash got a hold of me though turning back to the flabbergasted family in front of me. He leaned down looking me in the eyes.

"You sure you want to walk away right now. We wanted answers and they are in front of you."

I looked to the perfect little family trying to put pieces together in their heads.

"Ansley please sit I would love to talk to you and explain."

"Explain?" I scoffed "Apologize maybe?"

"That too. Please lets take this into the other room we can all sit and talk."

"Fine."

We all followed the couple into the living room. She sat on a blue old fashion love seat Mr. Smith sitting next to her. The three girls sat down on the identical one next to it Brendan standing in between the two small couches. Nash and I took a seat in two chairs facing them.

"I'm sorry we had to see each other again like this. How is Christopher?"

"Fine. Doesn't think very highly of ever seeing you again."

It sickened me seeing this world she created and left of for. This pretty family that thought so highly of this women that abandoned her kids.

"I don't blame him. Always was a stubborn one." She smiled to herself fiddling with her thumbs.

"He grew out of it. Not that you were around to see that."

"I understand you have a certain dislike for me."

"Dislike? I despise you for what you have done to my family for how you picked another clearly never telling them about us."

"Ansley don't be rude."

"Don't act like you have any control of me."

"What would you like to know?"

"Why did you leave?"

"I wasn't happy with your father I never meant to hurt you guys. I wrote and sent gifts but I don't think your father showed you those. This family is my new life and I would love for you to meet them."

"Mom may I speak?" Cassandra asked.

"Of course. Go ahead."

"Why didn't you tell us about your past life?"

"Yeah don't you think we should of known?" Abigail asked.

"Ansley why didn't you tell me anything the day we met?"

"Didn't know Christina Smith had a family."

"When did you two meet?" John questioned his son.

"In the hospital a few weeks ago. When mom was in recovery."

"Kids can you excuse us for a minute? I want to speak with Ansley alone."

They all obeyed there mother leaving from a different way than we came in her husband following after them.

"Do you mind if your friend leaves?"

"Yes Nash stays."

"No I will leave you guys alone. Ans I will be in the kitchen."

He stood up walking quickly out of the room.

"Is that your boyfriend? He is cute."

"Are those you fake kids they are cute too."

"No, Ansley Brendan Annie and Abigail might just be my step kids but I love them as much as I love Cassandra and you and Chris."

"Thats bs." I stood up walking out and past Nash back into the heat of July.

Nash followed staying quiet as I started to sprint back. I ignored the dizzy feeling and how the sun seemed to be cooking my skin.

"Ans! Ansley! Look at me."

We were just out of the club on the grass beyond the entrance in front of the apartment building. Dropping to my knees and putting my palms on them i took in huge gulps of air as the tears started running down my face.

"I don't ever want to see her again."

"And you don't have too. I'm sorry I made you stay."

Chris walked outside with John just as I was standing up.

"What happened."

"I found mom. And her family."

"What?"