An old memory (11)

In my life I have seen many weird things such as Tyler flirting with my pet goldfish when I was 9. The one moment when Lacey finished her homework on time and when someone was streaking in the mall. Let's just say that is an image that should stay in the past. But never have I seen anything weirder than this.

When I first accidentally walked into their 'scene' Bree was still chewing the face of the guy, completely unaware of me and Lucas' arrival. Not wanting to see anymore of the makeout session and without wanting to interupt, we quickly and quietly try to flee the area. Dodging behind the trees in the backyard. But before we got even a metre we were caught red handed.

The look on her face was probably as distinctive and shocked as mine. Eyes and mouth wide open, with no idea what to say. Probably the same look I would put on if Chris Hemsworth was to walk around the corner right now.

"Lori?" Bree asked completely flabbergasted.

I look at her and innocently smile. Best move I could think of at the time. "Hey Bree. Well we are going to get going..."

I was cut off. "What did you see?" She asked.

"Nothing... Like I said we are just going to go now." I say while grabbing Lucas' hand and giving him the signal that we should go.

"Lori, be serious what did you see?" She asked in a very serious tone.

Before I could answer, Derek came up from behind Bree and put his arms around her waist. "Baby, just let them go, they didn't see anything."

Bad Move Derek. Real Bad move.

"Don't you 'baby' me!" She yelled, the annoyance and fustration evident in her voice. "Just sit, I'll talk to you later."

A little shocked, Derek quickly releases his hold from her waist and starts walking towads a tree. "Women, I will never never understand them."

Bree rolls her eyes whilst scoffing. "Touche. Anyway you guys clearly saw. I will call you later Lori. I have to deal with the thing by the tree." She says while walking away.

I look at Lucas, and furrow my eyebrows.

He returns the favour and tugs at my hand, that I realize I didn't let go of. "Let's get out of here before they unleash the beast."

I laugh a little. "Bree is not one to mess with."

"Clearly, now I'm starving, let's get out of here before people start throwing up. Trust me, not a pretty sight when everyone is." He finishes.

~~~

The cold wind was rushing past my face and my hair was blowing around like crazy. We have been walking for about twenty minutes now in the cold and dark night.

I was starting to feel a little frightened, beause just maybe a random physco with a knife could run out and kill me any second now. But at the same time, I felt safe and protected from any danger because Lucas was at my side.

"You alright?" He asks whilst nudging me.

I look up at him and nod. "Just a little cold, this dress was really not the best choice." I say with a little laugh.

He just nods, and continues walking, but at the same time, looks like he is having a mental war inside of his mind, but I don't bother to ask him about it.

"Hey Lori, you can wear my hoodie if you want?" He asks.

"Oh, are you sure?" I ask.

"Yeah sure, it's ok." He says.

"Well, then sure, thanks." I say.

He takes off his hoodie and passes it to me and I quickly put it on, to escape the cold breeze hitting my bare skin. I feel as if the warmth envelops me and even though the hoodie is a few sizes to big, feels perfect around my upper body.