"Sunday"

I woke up to the sound of H.E.R.'s "Focus" playing on my clock radio; which meant it was seven a.m. since I'd set the alarm for that time. Instead of hitting the off button, I turned the volume down a little because I was definitely in the mood to hear the song after the night I'd spent with Zade. Even though it didn't go as well as I thought it would have, cheering him up with sex made up for everything that went so damn wrong. When I turned over in bed to wake him up, I noticed he wasn't there. I sat up and that's when I spotted his foot on the floor in front of my bed. I immediately jumped out of bed to see he was unconscious on the floor. His lips had turned a purplish-blue color and he wasn't moving at all.

            "Oh my God!" I screamed as I got down on the floor beside him and shook him. "Zade, wake up! Baby, please wake up! Zade!"

            I almost went into full panic mode but quickly pulled myself together. I hurried over to my phone and dialed 911. I'd never been so scared in my entire life. As the 911 operator talked me through several crucial steps, I did my best to keep from going into shock. How did it happen? Why was it happening? I tried to not let the unknowns distract me as I tried to save his life while waiting for the paramedics to arrive.

 How did it happen? Why was it happening? I tried to not let the unknowns distract me as I tried to save his life while waiting for the paramedics to arrive

            Since he had no club promoting or hosting to do that weekend, Zade spent the whole weekend at my house. On the last day, Sunday, we woke up to a beautiful late morning and decided to head to the beach. I was still nervous about having to meet his parents later that day but I decided to block it from my mind so that I could enjoy my last full day with him before he had to go home. While walking on the beach with him, I was suddenly reminded of the morning I decided to end my celibacy. Now, there I was with someone special that I'd met since that morning and I was happy. I was so damn happy.

            "I wanna go out in the water," Zade said to me after I climbed up on a high bench

            "Maybe in a little while," I said back.

            "You came to the beach to sit and watch the water?"

            I laughed and replied, "Baby, it's a beautiful morning and I just wanna soak it all in."