The Fun Times

After the whole deal with the funeral for Burly, you and Weiss spent the rest of the day together either in mourning or just trying to take your mind off of things. She took you out for a walk around the campus and out for dinner, nothing over the top but it was still nice. You both had returned to Beacon for the night. The following day was about the same for you all, eat breakfast and watch the new first years suffer on the initiation process.

As you and Gure were walking to the dining hall for breakfast, you and Gure saw the same group of kids from before. Gure smirked and elbowed you to get your attention. You both looked back and he just kept smirking.

Gure: (Cups his hands) NERDS!

(Y/N): Wow. Real mature.

Gure: What? You still bummed out over that service yesterday?

You glared at Gure and kept walking towards the dining hall. He rolled his eyes and followed you.

Gure: I take that as a yes.

Gure quickly began to follow you to the hall. Once inside the morning seemed to go as usual. You sat next to Weiss, Gure, across from you along with JNPR. However, as everything seemed more than normal, next thing you knew, you were hit in the face with pie.

(Y/N): Ok. Honestly, who has pie for breakfast...It was Nora, wasn't it.

Everyone looks over to Nora to see a massive grin on her face.

(Y/N): Can we not have another food fight.

Weiss: I agree with (Y/N). The last time we did that-

Weiss was cut off by having another pie thrown directly in her face. You looked back at Nora and glared at her before slowly standing up and taking a deep breath.

(Y/N): Now...IT'S ON!

Outside the dining hall, Professor Ozpin and General Ironwood walk along the campus, basically touring as they talk. Ironwood let's out a laugh as he moves his hands to act out a scene.

Ironwood: And then, Leo looks at me, scared half to death and I just say to him "What? Cat got your tongue?".

Ozpin chuckles a bit as Ironwood laughs along side him.

Ozpin: I do have to admit, I never took you for a pun person.

Ironwood: Well, based on the unfortunate joint operations between Atlas and Vale, I like to have some optimism as well.

However, the two stop their walk as soon as Jaune hits the window of the dining hall and they see other students running outside.

Ironwood: What in the world-

Ozpin: Oh, not again.

Inside, Nora is standing on top of several stacked tables while holding a watermelon. She looks down and smirks.

Nora: BURN!

She throws the watermelon but before it can land, you punch it away, almost hitting Pyrrha with it. Yang ran up next to you and slammed two turkeys onto her fists and throws them towards JNPR and Gure. Gure runs along a table before hopping over it and kicking Ruby in the face. Weiss dashes up to Gure with a sword fish to attack. She slashes a few times but Gure is able to dodge it and grab a watermelon. However, Weiss quickly cuts through it, giving Gure a concerned look before she launches him into an opposing wall.

Blake gets up onto a table and grabs some sausages and throws them towards Jaune, snagging his leg. She pulls Jaune back and towards you. You elbow Jaune into the ground.

(Y/N): I would say nothing personal, but that was for hitting on Weiss last year. Speaking of dating, how are you and Pyrrha?

Jaune: (Weakly) Great man. Date was last night.

(Y/N): Awe, that's sweet. How was that?

Jaune: (Weakly) It was good. Hey, is it ok that I pass out right here?

(Y/N): Oh, yeah, sure. Go ahead.

Jaune passes out. You smile and then smirk before yelling and charing back into battle. Yang blocks Ren's celery sticks with her forearms before she reels back and throws a punch towards his right shoulder. Ren blocks the attack and grabs Yang and throws her to the ground. Nora rips a leg off a table and stabs it into another watermelon before jumping out towards Yang. Before she land land however, Blake leaps up and kicks her stomach.

Blake roundhouse kicks the back of Ren's head and helps Yang to her feet. Gure leaps towards the two and lands on his hands and does a spilt, kicking both of them in the head. He hand springs up and punches Yang while he kicks Blake. Ruby uses her semblance, grabs a tray and spins around Gure, constantly hitting him in small increments. Finally, she throws the tray into his face and Gure flies across the hall and hits a few tables before slamming into the wall.

Pyrrha leaps towards Ruby with loaf of bread in hand and begins to attack Ruby. Ruby backs up, trying to dodge the attacks, but is occasionally hit.

Ruby: Pyrrha! I thought we were friends!

Pyrrha knocks Ruby's arms down to their sides and hits her face with the bread piece and her own natural strength. After Ruby was knocked out of the fight, Weiss dashed up to Pyrrha and the two entered a small duel. This was a distraction as you climbed up along the wall and grabbed a leak and jumped down to Pyrrha and Weiss. Weiss withdrew her sword fish and back flipped away from Pyrrha as you landed beside the red head. You swung the leak and it hit Pyrrha directly in the head and broke the food.

Blake grabbed some sausages and threw at a watermelon, grabbed it and flung it at Pyrrha. The melon shattered as Pyrrha collided with it and she was knocked out of the fight.

(Y/N): Blake! Behind you!

Blake turned around only to have Nora's watermelon hit her directly in the chest. Blake flew back and hit Weiss, launching both backwards. You looked forward and saw Ren leaping towards you with celery in hand. You ducked and blocked another strike from Ren. The two of you exchanged blows until Ren got his leg around your head and brought you to the ground. Without a moment to react, you were punched in the face by Ren.

Both Ren and Nora stood back up and walked over to one another.

Ren: I think that's all of them.

Nora: Uh. That was a lot harder last time.

Suddenly, an explosion goes off and the two turn around and see Yang, red eyed and anger all over her face. Without hesitating, Yang runs forward, reeling up and punch and connects it with Ren's face, and sends him into a crater. Nora runs up with her improvised hammer and swings it at Yang's head. Yang raises her arm and blocks it, shattering the melon and reeling back another punch. Yang punches Nora's face and sends her into a wall, shattering it as well.

From outside, both Professor Goodwitch and Ironwood walk back into the dining hall. Goodwitch uses her semblance and cleans the entire room up while they both look more than upset.

Ironwood: What?! In the world is happening here?!

Everyone in the room looks around to one another and back to Ironwood. However, a loud shake is felt and a boom goes off. Ozpin enters and looks at the students.

Ozpin: Another bomb went off. Get to work.