Fallen Anthem Chapter Nine

(Revan's AN): Hello friends, let us begin this chapter.

Summary: Issei Hyoudou was like everyone else, he woke up in the morning, brushed his teeth, had a healthy breakfast, and went to school like everyone else. However, all of that changed when he came into contact with a purple flame.

Pairing: None so far.

Alternate Universe, OOC Moments, and Noncanon.

"Flashbacks" - Thinking

[Flashbacks] - Texting

"Flashbacks" - Phone call

Theme Song: Nuclear, by Nik Ammar.

Head Writer: Revan the Edgelord

Beta'd by No one.

Issei couldn't help from releasing another sigh of boredom as he continued to sit down with his head and arms on the table.

"I swear to God, if you sigh one more time, I will kill you." Spoke Mr. Samejima as he sent the brown-haired youth an annoyed look.

"I can't help it; I'm bored." Issei replied as he lazily sent the man a look of dullness.

"And?" The man said in response. "What do you want-"

"Calm down Kouki," Natsume interjected in a cold and curt tone. "there's no reason for you to get upset over something like this."

"That's like the twentieth time he's sighed in the past five minutes!" He stated as he glared at the brown haired female. "I understand he's bored, but it's like he's wanting us to do something about it."

"I would prefer this over silence..." Issei muttered loud enough for them to hear which caused Natsume to smirk a little. Even though she wore a suit most of the time, and had this business like aura around her, Natsume was known to be very high spirited. It was only when she was around Kouki that she would act more mature, for if she didn't reprimand him like this, then he would be an asshole.

"Anyways, there's no reason to be a dick, especially this early in the morning." She declared after a few seconds of silence.

"And there's no reason for him to be an annoying pest, yet he had no problems being that." He stated in his defense.

"I'm still technically a child," Issei said with a shit eating grin. "so I'm allowed to be like this."

"Just cause you can't drink doesn't mean you're a child." Mr. Samejima said as he glared at Issei. "You're like eighteen years old, and live by yourself, I'd say that makes you an adult."

"It's not like I wanted to live by myself." Issei muttered as he looked away causing the man to flinch and a silence to fill the room.

It had been almost a month since Issei's grandfather had died, and because of that, the subject was still a sensitive one, that most of the Slashdog team agreed on avoiding.

Natsume had frowned upon hearing Issei say this and sent a kick Kouki's way causing the older brown haired male to release a painfilled grunt.

Looking at the woman who had kicked him, Kouki watched as she signified him to apologize to Issei with her eyes.

"Fuck me." He thought mentally before releasing a sigh. "My bad Issei, I forgot that this wasn't something you wanted."

Issei didn't say anything in response. Even though he was trying his best to move on, it felt like he was stuck, and that he couldn't move on. Every day he'd wake up and go downstairs, and be met with silence which was something he wasn't used to, for he was used to being greeted by the sound of something being cooked, and the words, 'Good morning Issei.' from his grandfather.