2

I moved my arms off of my face as I sat on my bed, which was the equivalence of sleeping on a rock, staring up at the ceiling, listening to the band that has saved my life countless times over the past ten or so years. It was a new release, and I have to admit, It's really giving me some relateable Iowa vibes.

'What a world, the horizon
It's coming like a hell-bent killing machine
Can't afford to be the goddamn wreckage
Burn it all again at a million degrees
Calling all the adamant upper-level
Undefeated counterfeit cunts with a reason to fear
Throw away all the meaningless shit that's clinging
The enemy is here, I said stop
Give it to three
I'm going to show you how to do it if you know what I mean
One by one against, give me the name
All you shiny pretty never-wills ruined the game
You hold all the keys so the chains shouldn't hold you
I know you heard me, I fucking told you...'

"Lucille! Turn that crap off or so help me!" My church going caretaker yelled up the orphanage stairway.

"Fuck you!" I yelled back, before turning the volume up more to drown out the sound of her annoyingly, high pitched voice. Sitting back down on my bed, I closed my eyes and let the music flow over me, giving me the chills as the song progressed.

"Lucille! There is someone here to see you!"

I rolled my eyes, you know, like a normal hormonal teenager, before running my fingers through my hair and clumsily running down the stairs, only to see a long lost family friend.

Sid pov

I decided it was time for me to move on from my ex-girlfriend and basically, in Corey's own words, "Grow the fuck up."

What better way is there to grow up than becoming a father? So, here I sit in an orphanage, talking to an older lady, with a black rosary hanging from her wrinkly neck, making her lime green dress look, if at all possible, brighter.

I was dozing off, trying as best as I could to listen to the woman, but the longer she talked, the more I started to become aware of my surroundings, and by aware, I mean I just got distracted.

The yellow walls looked faded with old water damage, causing a few floor boards near them to look a little rotted.

I was pulled from my thoughts when I heard some heavy guitar from what sounded like right above me. It took me a second or so before I realized it was our latest song, All Out Life.

My face must have looked weird, well... Weirder than usual, as Shawn would have blatantly put it, because the woman got up and said,

"Please excuse me for a moment Mr. Wilson." before walking to a stairway that I hadn't noticed before. I didn't really care what she was doing, I was just confused at being called Mr. Wilson, but the older woman brought me out of my thoughts.

"Lucille! Turn that crap off or so help me!" She yelled up the stairs, in a gravely voice that would have made Corey proud to give her a microphone.

"Fuck you!" A young woman's voice yelled back, before the music became considerably louder.

"I am so sorry about her. She is so stubborn." The woman said, her left hand fiddling idly with the rosary, as if she were deeply ashamed.

"You said her name was Lucille?" I asked, my brain subconsciously thinking about the little girl from all those years ago.

"Lucille Prime. That poor thing. Parents died on her seventh birthday."

I felt my head shoot up at her full name. It can't be...

"I would like to see her file." I said, as calmly as my faltering voice would let me, my heart going a million miles an hour in my chest. The lady handed me the file, making me feel nervous at what I would see. I opened it slowly, causing my heart leapt into my throat at the information that I saw.

"I would like to adopt her!" I said, just a little too loud, causing the poor old woman to jump in her chair.

"Are you sure? She can be quite a handful. And the music she listens to is pure blasphemy."

"I am one hundred percent sure." I quickly replied, my hands becoming clammy as my heart continued to race.

"Lucille! There is someone here to see you!"

A minute or so later she came down the stairs, and I couldn't help but smile at her.

Her hair was cut short and dyed a bright, firetruck red, making her maroon Doc Martins pop. She wore a black Slipknot shirt, much like the one that I had given her all those years ago, which complimented her pale skin tone, making her look like a slightly brighter Wednesday from the Adams Family.
She looked just like her mother.

"Hey Lucille, long time no see." I said, you know, like a total idiot.