3

Lucille Pov

"...long time no see."

"Lucille, Mr. Wilson has agreed to adopt you! Bless his heart..." Mrs. Emily said, mumbling the last part under her breath.

"What?" I asked rhetorically, but apparently she didn't get it.

"Mr. Wilson is adopting you!" She repeated, sounding slightly annoyed.

"Please, just call me Sid. Mr. Wilson makes me feel so... I don't know." He started, before looking back at me and smiling.

"You ready to rock little miss Lucille?" He asked, ruffling my hair with his heavily inked hands.

"I need to pack my stuff." I relied, returning his smile.

"Race you." He whispered, shooting up the stairs.

"Hey, not fair!" I replied, laughing at his crazy antics before following him. By the time I had made it to my room, Sid was already investigating my belongings.

"So... I'm guessing you remember me." He asked motioning to a Slipknot poster on my wall , while playing with the settings on my old radio, which now played some sort of softer metal.

"I was sort of named after you, so... Yeah, how could I forget you?" I replied, laughing as I took out my backpack and started packing some of my mother's, now faded, band t-shirts. When I had finished with those, I went to carefully take down all of my posters, starting with the Slipknot poster above my bed Sid had pointed to.

I carefully took my time, taking the thumb tacks out of the corners before handing them to Sid, who rolled them up and rubber banded them.

--------------------------;-----------------------------

About an hour later, I had all of my stuff in the trunk of Sid's car and we were off to his house.

On arrival, there was a car already in the driveway.

"Looks like Corey is here." Sid mumbled under his breath, putting the car in park. I felt my stomach churn as I got out of the car, making the contents of my stomach threaten to come up.
What if he doesn't remember me? What if he hates me?

I made my way to the trunk of the car, helping him carry my stuff into my new home, when I saw a figure come out of the house to greet us, but it wasn't Corey.

"Hey Griffin!" Sid yelled, nearly dropping a couple of my posters.

"Hey Sid! Need some help?" He asked, jogging up and grabbing some posters from Sid before he could drop any of more of them. Then he grabbed one of my bags out of the trunk before turning to me and smiling.

"Where do these go?" He asked, looking over at Sid.

"The spare bedroom upstairs." Sid replied, closing the trunk and locking the car. I followed them into the house and gasped in awe. The walls were a beautiful crème colour, and they were covered in Gold and Silver vinyl awards, all for Slipknot. The flooring and furniture were in contrast, being onyx black and coffee brown.

"This place is gorgeous." I said, feeling out of breath at the beauty of the simple, yet sophisticated interior design.

"It's alright I guess." I heard a deep voice say, before laughing.

"Hey Corey." Sid said, smiling and bumping knuckles with him.

"Come on, I'll show you up." Griffin said, grabbing my hand and leading me up the stairs.

"No funny business you two." Both men said simultaneously, making both me and Griffin laugh.

"So, this is your room." Griffin said motioning to a white door. I grasped the handle, cool to the touch, and turned it to reveal a large, yet empty room.

"Woah..."

"Yeah, it used to be his in home studio, before his psycho ex-girlfriend got to it and smashed everything within striking distance of her baseball bat." He said, setting my bag and posters down on the queen sized bed.

"I'm Griffin by the way." He said holding out his hand, his ivory white teeth glinting in the low light of the room.

"Lucille." I said shaking his extended hand, returning his smile.

--

"So... You play guitar?" He asked me a while later, motioning to the case in the corner of the room before handing me a Metallica poster.

"Bass."

"That's pretty cool. We were actually looking for a bass player... We meaning my band and I." He said, adding the last part in awkwardly as my hand brushed his.

"That's cool. What genre do you guys play?" I replied, trying as hard as I could to not be as awkward on the outside as I felt on the inside.

"Well, so far we have only been covering Slipknot songs, but we have been working on some original stuff as of recently."

"Awe look at them, already talking about music." A voice from the doorway said before laughing. Turning around, I discovered that it just Corey and Sid.

"At least they're not trying to kill each other." Sid replied to Corey.

"What's up dad?" Griffin asked.

"Everyone else is here."

"Alright! Let's go!" Griffin said, before running out of the room, towing me by my arm.