8

Lucille POV

"Here you go." Griffin said, handing me a soda.

"Thanks my dude." I replied smiling, taking the soda and cracking it open.

Sid was afraid to leave me home alone again, with fear that someone else would try to break into the house while he was gone. It turns out, the man that broke in was the man that had ran my parents and I off the road all those years ago.
He apparently was put into a psychiatric hospital a week or so after the accident because he tried to murder his girlfriend... with a fork. I guess most people from this area are generally messed up more than in any other area.

I sat next to Simon and Griffin, enjoying our sodas, watching as Shawn, Sid, Mick and Corey slowly recorded their parts on the new album. Everyone else had decided to stay home and enjoy the sunny day that Des Moines had blessed us with.

"Lucille, check this out!" Sid yelled into his microphone before doing some weird sounds with his equipment. It was like listening to a child doing the soundtrack to some sort of cheesy eighties horror movie.

"That sounded terrible." I laughed into the microphone, making Shawn spit his water out all over Corey, who didn't seem to care as he laughed his ass off.

"That was the point." He laughed back, making more sounds with his equipment.

I heard the eighties transformers theme start to play from the general area of the coat rack on the opposite side of the room, making the room go quiet.

"Sid, your phones going off." I said into the microphone. I smiled to myself as he got out of the booth, only he would have that set as his ringtone. He grabbed his phone and answered the call, a smile on his face as he did so.

"Hello... This is him... What... No! That's not... Okay, um..." Was all I heard as he walked out of the building, the smile quickly fading from his face.

"What was that about?" Shawn asked, looking around the room for an answer that most likely would not come for some time.

"No idea." Corey replied, finally wiping off his face with his shirt.

"That was weird." I said, poking Griffin's face, making him stick his tounge out at me.

"That's Sid for you." Mick replied, smiling evilly In my direction. I looked over at Simon, right as something wet was poured over my head.

"Mother fucker!" I screamed, grabbing the water bottle out of Simon's hand and showering him with what was left, making him yell.

"Holy shit!" Griffin yelled, jumping over the side of the couch and covering his head with a pillow.

"Griffin, language." Corey said, looking over at his cowering son.

Griffin awkwardly laughed and smiled at his father, making me go bat shit.

"You got yelled at." I managed to say through my fit of laughter.

"So mature." He mumbled before getting hit by Simon's airborne pillow.

"Hey Dad! Check this out!" I yelled at Corey jokingly, making Corey look up from his phone, before I jumped onto Mick's back, making him vocalize a rather high note that I never would have imagined Mick to vocalize.

"That's not fair! I wasn't ready!" Mick yelled, trying to get me off of his back.

Corey got up and picked me up, may I add he was laughing as he did so, by my armpits and getting off of Mick's back, making me wine in protest.

"Hey! I was winning!"

"I'm leaving Shawn in charge. Don't kill each otherwhile I'm gone." Corey said, earning a yell of protest from Mick.

"What am I! Chopped liver?" He yelled, Corey ignoring his comment, walked out of the building toward Sid.

"A Census taker once tired to test me... I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti." I said, quoting Hannibal Lecter, before making a mixture of hissing and clicking noises with my tounge.

"Shawn..." Mick said, slowly backing away from me smiling, jokingly laughing nervously himself and looking unsure of what to do.

"You fly back to school now little Starling... Fly, fly, fly. " I said, making little flying motions with my hands.

"What the actual hell..." Simon whispered, his phone In his hand, as I assumed he was recording the scene that had laid out before him.

"You need to watch that movie, It's a classic." Shawn said to his son, laughing at my impression.

"Now Mick, go do your thing." Shawn added, motioning to the booth and his guitar hanging on the wall. Mick grabbed his guitar smiling, and looked at me before he entered the both.

"Fly, fly, fly." I whispered to him, mocking him as he went to do his part.

Corey and Sid walked in a little while later, just as Mick was hanging his guitar back up for the day.

"Sid, you should have seen your daughter earlier. She was quoting Anthony Hopkins perfectly." Mick laughed, taking a water out of the small mini fridge by the door.

"Which character?" Corey asked, looking genuinely intrigued.

"Hannibal Lecter." Shawn replied, before taking a sip of his son's soda. Corey and Sid looked at me, either in amazement or confusion, or possibly even both.

In reply, all I did was simultaneously click my tounge and hiss.

"I wish I could have seen that." Sid said, seeming slightly disconnected form the current conversation.

"I got it on video." Simon replied, handing them his phone, presumably with the video ready to play.