Chapter 4: An Accidental Encounter

It was nearing 11 pm and the zombies were starting to roam about. Fortunately, there were plenty of mushrooms patrolling to keep them in check, so Solar and Peredur didn't have to worry. 

"Where did you say this 'Great Magician Man' is again?" Solar asked, slightly irritated.  

"Don't worry, Solar. He's nearby. I predict he's nearby the junkyard." Peredur assured. After a little more walking, they both reach the entrance of the junkyard, where there are two doors. "Ok, I'll get an aerial view to get a good scope of the area. Meanwhile, you can find a way to sneak in and avoid getting caught! How's that?" 

Solar doesn't respond, but instead, she stares at Peredur with a blank face. Immediately, she pulls opens the door and gestures an "after you". Peredur just stands there with a dumbfounded look on his face. 

"Or, we can do that.... heh..." Peredur responded, embarrassed by what happened.

Soon after, both plants were near a heap of old, used furniture when they both heard some grumbling and other noises on the other side of the pile. They both keep quiet and give each other the signal to jump after 3. After 3, they both jumped out. 

"Hello, Mr.-" Solar was about to say when she saw who it was. 

"Oh, hello there little old chums. I just was about to close up the shop. Would you like some items from here?" It was Rux. 

"Rux?! What- err... what were you still doing out so late?" asked a befuddled Peredur. "(I could've sworn it was him!)" Peredur thought to himself. 

"I had a slow business day today. Not a lot of plants were willing to buy any of the things I had in stock, probably cause they didn't have enough mullah and didn't want to deal with an angry me." Rux responded with a slightly irate tone in his voice. "What are you chums doing here anyway?" 

"Uh, well, you see-" 

"That is none of your concern." Solar dryly answered. 

"Really?" Rux responded with a tone just as dry. 

"Really," Solar replied.

With that, Solar grabbed Peredur and ran off, accidentally leaving "her" book behind and a perplexed Rux. Rux was about done packing up when he saw the book on the ground. He picks it up and quips, "Oh look, a fairy tale book!" before he put it in his bag. But then, his eyes instantly grew wide underneath his shades and grabbed the book out of the bag and examined the patterns and material. "This book... time to go see if those plants are still nearby." 

Rux quickly went after the plants. Fortunately, they weren't too far when Rux caught up to them. Solar was talking to Peredur, upset at him for not leading her to the Magician. 

"Seriously, Peredur! I thought you knew where he was! I can't believe you wasted my time!" 

"Wasted time? More like a wasted breath if you ask me," Rux quipped from behind Solar, making her jump into Peredur's arms. 

"Oh, it's you." 

"Yeah, it's me. The guy to whom you should've said the right words sooner! You dropped this book here. I take it you are looking for the Great Magician Man, right?" 

"Y-yes! Yes, we are!" Peredur said with an urgent tone. 

"Alright. Well, good thing the sunflower here dropped this book. I know exactly where he is! I can take y'all to him right now!" 

***Yep. It's Rux from PVZ: GW. He belongs to Popcap and EA. I decided to include him here. Chapter 5, the plants will meet the Magician and from there, the adventure will start***