Chapter 9: Forest of Furious Fumbles II

Solar was near the entrance of the dreaded forest when she felt a growing surge of anger, which came absolutely out of nowhere! She was so furious that she couldn't even recite what was written on the sign at the entrance of the forest. She literally just grumbled and fumbled the words up. 

When Peredur barely got within a meter (about 3 feet) of Solar, she immediately jumped and turned to him and let out a horrendous howl. Peredur responded with a ravenous roar. They both looked like they were going to fight and scuffle with one another! Fortunately, Alex and Rux, the two that are "immune" to the evil effects of the forest- noted more of Rux experiencing the opposite, and Alex feels lightheaded and slightly jumpy- had grabbed both of the plants and moved them far from each other. 

Once they got separated, Alex yipped and saw that Solar was biting down on his forearm. Rux was appalled by this but his attention was abruptly pulled from the sight by Peredur who, as he didn't have teeth, had appeared to have "sucked" Rux's hand into his mouth and looked like he was trying to crush it. 

"Blimey! These accursed woods is bringing out a monstrosity within Solar and Peredur!" Rux exclaimed at what was happening, as he attempted to free his hand from Peredur and Alex was getting Solar's toothed grip off of his arm. "These cursed trees must be bringing it out!" Alex shouted in agreement. With that, both immediately- while maintaining distance from one another to avoid the plants attempting to lash out at one another- evacuated the area, running further into the forest. 

The forest land covers approximately 10 kilometers in total, a major detail Rux was remembering while running. "(If I'm correct, if we maintain a constant speed like this, we will have covered at least 1 km within 10 minutes!)" Rux calculated to himself. 

Alex suddenly called out to Rux. "How large is this wretched place?" He questioned. "It's about 10 kilometers large in total area! But, if we keep running at this pace, we'll-" "AHH!" Alex screamed as he saw the trees start to move their branches, trying to trip them and grab them. "Double blimey! Now the forest is alive! We need to hurry out of here!" Rux exclaimed.

Both Alex and Rux had struggled to keep Solar and Peredur in their grips, while evading the chaotic woods attacking them. They had managed to reach almost 3 kilometers into the forest, when a branch had managed to trip Alex. He screamed and tumbled forward, crashing into Rux, causing a "tumble ball" to be formed. They kept rolling until they managed to reach a clearing halfway in the forest.

The "tumble ball" had finally stopped, but unfortunately, Solar and Peredur had been released from their grips and were 2 meters (about 6 feet) away from the immune. They were dizzy but regained full consciousness when their eyes locked onto each other, with their animosity towards each other still within them. They both growled and prepared an attack for one another.

Rux and Alex had fallen on their faces and had gotten up after they heard the plants growl. They looked up and were terrified to see that Solar and Peredur were about to attack each other. At once, they both got up and ran to the plants, yelling out to them to stop.

Alas, their cries fell on deaf ears as Solar had summoned a large fireball to shoot at Peredur, and Peredur had prepared a large pea to shoot at Solar. When the guys barely got within range, Solar and Peredur had attacked, resulted in a large explosion that sent them flying away from Rux, Alex and each other.