chapter five

Mitch's pov

Mitch's pov

  ―*―  

I was listening to every single word she was telling me, processing it as fast, as I could. My dark eyes glanced at her little shape. I couldn't help myself, but to squint my eyes even more, like if this could help me to focus better. I cleared my throat, deciding to take a word. The girl seemed to be scared enough, and it's normal she's. But she isn't alone now. Not anymore.

- "The attempt seems to be professional, but it looked like the person stopped its doing in the middle of it, as if something has suddenly changed its mind." – I swallowed, not letting my sight off of her. I tried to focus on her face. Not on the view of her discovered thighs, and the fact that she was wearing only a short top, and some thin panties. I was forced of taking a deeper breath, deciding to move my sight away. It landed on the lamp, which was throwed on the bed. Lamp on the bed? What the fuck? It made me frown my eyebrows. I think she noticed, because she immediately looked at it too, absolutely ashamed.

- "Ouh..I had no idea who was pulling by the knob, you know..just in case.." – She mumbled clumsy, as I nodded my head with impressed but yet bit shocked sight. Something in between.

- "Right." – I let out a lower murmur, hearing unsatisfied growling of her dog towards my side. Once he barked. Once he growled. Oh, great. I definitely don't have a time to pet a dog now, so I just rolled my eyes, coming closer towards the window. Letting myself to observe the street in my own thoughts.
Who, and why someone would try to break in? From what she told me, seems like she might have a potential stalker, which in this situation – would make sense to me.
But still, why?

- "A..are you gonna stay? I don't want to be alone here, Mitch. I'm scared." – Her tiny voice entered my ears, while I kept looking stubbornly at the empty street, as if this would suddenly give me the solution of whole problem. Even in such tensed moment, the sound of her calling my name, was a nice experience.

- "You not gonna be alone. Not anymore." – I rasped out in an answer, which I assure she was impatiently waiting for. Something tells me, that I can't let anything happen to this girl, even I know how much she means to my brother..I wouldn't say I'm doing it for him. I wouldn't say I'm even doing it for myself.
I'm doing it for her.

- "Thank..you.." – Her voice almost barely hearable over these loud barks that her doggie was serving us. I sighed deeply under my nose, raising my forefinger towards my lips, giving her another sign, as I hidden myself more by the curtain's side, to don't expose too much of my view, if someone would be watching. In this case, I definitely wouldn't be able to call out this motherfucker.
- "Make him shut up, girl." - I whispered, but louder enough for her to hear it. I put my sight back at the window, swallowing heavily. She called her dog's name quietly, having his attention. For a second I had wishes to look at their side, but I was too focused on my doing.