chapter ten

―*―

―*―

I reacted as fast, as I could. Pulling my body from the seat, and rushing out from my black SUV, my instinct of a killer waking up all the senses. My right hand reached behind the black belt, preparing to take my Glock out, while moving closer. I leaned my sight further, cursing in my own thoughts.

Without hesitation, I grabbed the material of intruder's hoodie, pulling him roughly from behind. Pressing the gun towards the back of his head, as I slipped the hood off of it in a confident movement. Forcing him to turn his front side towards me. The cold metal of a gun crashing with his skull. He didn't even fight, only immediately raising his arms higher, as at this exact moment his dark eyes met with my own ones. Dark ones. Exactly as mine.
I frowned.

- "Stiles? What the hell, man?" - I asked with a visible frown, still holding the gun to his head. He kept his arms in the air.

- "Mitch? What are you doing in here?" - His voice was a bit shaky, eyes shining in the street lights.

- "No. What are YOU doing in here? Why are you sneaking up?" - I asked with a shaken breath, slowly moving my gun away from my brother's head, as he moved his arms to retouch the hoodie which I've been pulling so rapidly. His glance was just as confused at me.

- "I'm not sneaking. Lyds called me, she wanted me to come over. It's been happening since some days now." - He responded more calmly, taking a deeper, calmed now breath. - "Which by the way, where were YOU? I've been trying to reach out to you almost every day. And now you just come here, out of nowhere, like...nothing?" - Stiles has asked, directing his careful sight at me. I sighed deeply under my nose, while tracing around the street with my sight, slowly slipping my Glock behind my belt.

- "I couldn't. I've been busy." - I mumbled in coldness. My brother has raised his eyebrows, almost being amused, but not really.

- "Oh? You couldn't? So, you promise to do something and then you are actually NOT doing this? Why are you always like this, huh? Seems like nothing has ever changed. You're just always busy." - Stiles's voice was like a harsh whisper. I clenched my jaw, moving my dark sight back at my twin.

- "I'm trying, alright?" - I lowered my tone, hissing through my pressed teeth, with visibly clenched jaw. - "It's not as easy, as you might think it is." -

- "I don't think anything. I don't want to think, anything. I'm good being out of this." - He moved his sight away, his right hand landing over his chin scratching it nervously.

- "Hah. Yeah, sure. So you just gonna slip it off like that, like it doesn't matter anymore? Like it's okay that they died for nothing? It's okay for you? Someone's gotta fix this shit, and make the justice, don't you think?" - My pressure was raising slightly, but I kept with my lower hiss, as nobody had to hear our roughed conversation during the middle of the night. Stiles shook is head, our eyes meeting again.