chapter eight

[ ♫ atb - trinity ♫ ]

  ―*―  

Her auburn hair lashed hastily on my left rough cheek, forced by the wind blow.
I could ask myself, how a woman like her could ever put her eye on a man like me?
In my head it looks just irrational.
I ask myself..when a sudden touch of her glove has placed over my bare cold hand, pulling me unexpectedly out from this thought which occupied me. My dark sight followed the path of her hand movement, seeing my own left hand being placed at the slight top of her belly shape. Her dimples appeared in my sight, when she sent me her wide smile with those perfect white teeth of hers.
She didn't say anything, only sharing our sight with each other. Letting ourselves to feel this important moment.
The moment of my son, kicking.
One of them, actually. By this time we already know Diana's expecting twins.
Me being a father with a one child is not a responsible enough thing, I can't even imagine with two.
But here I'm. With her.
I didn't run. Even I'm not this type of guy who spends his evenings next to a baby crib.
Who have I become?
She knows me. I'm a man with the past, and yet she didn't dare to turn away. Maybe this is what made me stay as well. In this very moment, I couldn't spill a word out of me. Her smile has extended more visibly at my shape, once she noticed my slight confusion.

- "This is..so strange. Don't you think?" - I asked, frowning my dark eyebrows lightly. Looking lower at her belly shape. The echo of her laugh filled me around with the happiness which she was sharing.

- "It is." - She answered me with hearable excitement. - "But yet beautiful. Don't you think?" - Once she whispered this line out of her mouth, my dark sight came back to her again. She repeated the last words purposely. I made our eyes to meet again.
Dark ones, with the green ones.
I can see how much she's glowing.
My long black hair were disturbing me the view at times by the insistent getting in the eye. I had to smirk lightly to myself, showing this well hidden right dimple which was almost never visible for anyone besides me. Diana definitely noticed that, as I felt a sudden touch of her hand at this exact place.
She makes me so soft. Hell, words cannot explain how strange it feels. I would give up, and do everything for this woman.
Everything.

Her lips slowly formed in a shape of the letters which she's been sending for my sight. Formatting a word out of it. Smile didn't dare to disappear from her lips. The word itself wasn't long, but either not understandable. She had to laugh as a minute ago because of my amused confusion.

- "A name. Which, I won't tell at loud right now. Guess, or wait." - She said proudly, smudging the snowflake from my dimple. I raised my eyebrows, surprised. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to decipher it. All I could do, was to observe her rose lips, focused.

- "What about the other name?" - I responded, moving my hand off her belly and placing it on her right thigh lazily, which has been covered by black tight jeans. She straightened her back more visibly, looking at me deeply with this wide smile.