Landing

[]

I smiled and nodded as they talked about things that I wasn't really interested in. "Hoon." "Huh?" "What are you thinking so deeply about?" "What my mom is making for dinner." They teased me for a bit before going back to the previous topic. I wanted to go see Jaehyun. I noticed a weight had suddenly appeared in my pocket. "It's just me, Gin. He received it well." I patted my pocket then felt a bit at ease with Gin's news. I popped into the conversation as we headed to her house.

ㅣㅣㅣㅣㅣㅣㅣㅣ

We entered her room one by one. "How are you?" She sighed then shook her head. "Let us see." She turned her back to us then revealed her back. One of her tattoos were partially black. "But the other one is fine, right?" "Yeah." They surrounded her as she explained she wouldn't be able to fly properly anymore. I felt slightly guilty as I felt it was my fault. I didn't reach Jaehyun in time. "Hey, Hoon. Don't be a stranger." "I'm sorry. I need to go." I hurried out of the house then took flight. I couldn't stop worrying about Jaehyun.

I found myself peering into his room from his window. It was odd that he wasn't there, considering the fact he was grounded. "Gin, where are they?" "How should I know?" I floated down then sat down on a rock. "Why not trying your meeting spot?" "I could try." I decided to go by foot to attract less attention to myself.

I looked around then sighed. He wasn't here. "Can you really not get in contact with Cutie?" "Not at all. He didn't give us that ability." I sat down in defeat. I could only hope that he was okay. I moved closer to the water then dipped my finger in it. It was quiet as usual. It wasn't the same without Jaehyun. Everything seemed brighter with him around. I looked behind me as my back shimmered and the tattooed wings on my back grew into physical ones. I looked them over, wondering who shared the same wing pattern as I.

My mind then wandered back to the brief conversation we had about it. "I hope he gets his wings soon..." What if he eventually found his destined partner? A small part of me didn't like that idea. Was I starting to become possessive? "Younghoon." I looked up from the water and saw Jaehyun standing on the opposite side. "Jae!" I tackled him to the ground. "Hello to you too..." I felt a smile grow on my face as I held him tight.

"Where did you go?" "On a little adventure." He waved a book in the air. "Oh. You went back there? How? Cutie is so small and you..." "A secret." I frowned. I wanted to know. "Tell me." "No." I sat on top of him and expanded my wings to keep him from escaping. "Woah, Younghoon..." "I don't like it when you keep secrets...I'm here for you, Jae. I'll never tell a soul. Don't you trust me?" I looked at him as he looked at me in sadness. "I do trust you. We don't have to tell each other everything though." He gently touched my cheek then smiled. "I promise, I'll tell you when I figure everything out." I found myself leaning into his touch and closing my wings.

"Hoon." "Yeah?" "Mind getting up?" I had forgotten I was sitting on top of him. "No." I scooted back then rested my head on his chest. "I'm guessing you want to be babied huh?" "Yeah..." I felt the familiar tingle on my back which signaled that my wings had gone back to tattoos. "Where's Cutie?" "She saw Gin and started chasing him around. They disappeared into the trees." I sighed in satisfaction as he stroked my hair. "Jae." "Hm?" "Let's be together always." He stopped stroking my hair. "Too soon?" "No, I was just surprised but, I do want to be together always." I smiled widely as he started stroking my hair again.

ㅣㅣㅣㅣㅣㅣㅣㅣ

I opened my eyes then looked around us. It had gotten dark. He had fallen asleep as well. I sat up then poked his cheeks. "Jae, wake up..." I yawned then noticed Cutie had appeared. "Cutie, can you wake him up? And where's Gin?" "I lost Gin." She nudged his face with her head. "Cutie, stop..." I looked at her as she sat quietly by his side. "Did you look for Gin?" "No."

I looked at her in annoyance. "Why not?" "It's not my job to watch over him." "What are you two talking about?" I sat by his side so he could sit up. "Cutie didn't bother to go and find Gin." "Cutie." "Yes?" "Go find Gin." "At once." I looked at him with concern. "She's strange..." "Is she?" It worried me that he didn't find her odd at all. Maybe I was thinking too much of it.