Arrival

[]

We stepped into the room then received looks from everyone. "I think we interrupted a meeting." I looked at my mother who was strapped to a chair. "Ah, the stars of the show." We looked at the man who stood in front of us. The aura he emitted was a scary one. "What do you mean 'stars of the show'?" I nodded in agreement with Jaehyun. "The crown prince and his destined partner. The two of you together...not a good thing." "Are you K. Hong?" I looked at Jaehyun in surprise. How could be be so bold in a situation like this?

Soon the room was filled with shadows with angel silhouettes. "Indeed. Want another surprise? I was the cause of Pax's downfall." I held Jaehyun as he seemed ready to rush in headfirst. "Why did you do it?" He looked at me then tsked. "Monarchies were last season. It was time for a change." Now I was seeing red. He killed innocents. "How could you involve innocent people!? How could you be so selfish!?" Jaehyun was screaming at the top of his lungs. At this point, I was too pissed to stop him. I was barely managing to keep him at bay.

"Sacrifices have to be made for a change, no? Anyway, I can't let you two stay together. It'll spell trouble for me." "Oh, you're already in trouble!" My hold on Jaehyun was broken by Jaehyun himself. His wings soon appeared and a spell I had never seen before had been cast. Numerous knives were sent in Hong's direction. I heard Gin whine and a protection spell had been cast on us. "I think we should sit this one out." "But my mom..." "Cutie's with her." I watched from the sidelines as Jaehyun and Hong battled it out. I couldn't tell who was winning.

I leaned against the shield as Jaehyun panted. He was clearly tired. "Gin, let me go." "What can you do?" "I can't just sit here! Hong's going to kill him. He doesn't even look like he broke a sweat!" Gin gave me puppy eyes before letting the shield down. I sprinted over to Jaehyun and held him up. "Hoon... you're going to get hurt. Move." "That's fine. If it means giving you a better chance in beating him, I'm all for it." "Please, I can't lose you too Hoon..." I kissed his forehead then assured him everything would be okay.

"Are you two done? Thank you Younghoon, for making this easier." I growled and resisted the urge to charge at him. I summoned my wings as well then let them brush against Jaehyun's. "My fatigue... it's gone." I smiled softly then felt something bind me. "Looks like I-" I watched in shock as Jaehyun held a knife to Hong's throat with a few more pointing towards his body. "Let him go and maybe I'll let you live." "What kind of negotiation is that?" Jaehyun laughed then sighed before cutting Hong's neck. I was soon released and all the shadow angels had disappeared. I looked at Jaehyun who was covered in Hong's blood.

"Mom..." I walked over to her then freed her from her restraints. She looked at us then sighed. "Do whatever you like." She then smiled before pushing me towards Jaehyun. I looked at him and he looked back at me. We ran into each other's arms then noticed papers started to fall above us. "Ah, you got blood on me." "You're the one who hugged me." I playfully pushed him then picked up a few pages. "Hey, it's documents about Pax..." We sat down and started reading them. I looked at Jaehyun who cried while smiling.

ㅣㅣㅣㅣㅣㅣㅣㅣ

"And so that's how we got here." I nodded as his reasoning made sense. "You know, your mom must've had high hopes for you." Jaehyun gave me a small smile as we sat at our usual secret spot. "I doubt it. I was probably a handful as a kid." I shook my head as she probably did. I also believed there was more Jaehyun could offer to the world. "Well, should we start up the monarchy again...?" He sighed then played with the animals. "I don't exactly make the rules you know. Even if Hong is gone, there are other members." He had a point.

"Well, I think you should at least get a chance to rule. Hong took that away from you." He laughed then looked at me. "True, but even if I still dislike everyone, they seem happy with how things are run." I shrugged as I watched Gin and Cutie interact with the animals in their bigger size. "Maybe we should make suggestions to my mom? Maybe they'll make her head now that Hong is gone." "That would be ideal." I felt a petal hit my nose then noticed it was raining petals above us.

"I never said it, but... I love you." I felt his eyes on me. The timing was probably off, but the moment felt right. "Hoon..." "I know, it's sudden. I'm sorry." I let the kwak go then took flight. My face burned with embarrassment. Things were probably going to be awkward as we never official became a thing. "Hey." I flew back in fright at the sight of Jaehyun flying in front of me. "What?" "Lets make it official, but..." "But what?" "Let's take it slow." He held my hands then spun us around. "Okay, little prince." "Oh hush."

There were still things we didn't understand and things we had yet to learn, but with the two of us working together, we'd eventually learn and come to understand and accept our past and what our future would be.