Departure

[]

"Are we really going to go straight in?" "They have answers we seek." "But we can't just march in! This is the government!" Jaehyun didn't seem to hear me as he walked in. He was soon blocked off by guards. "State your name and business." "I have a long past due meeting with them." As expected, they kept him from moving forward. "Name?" "Don't do it..." "Lee Jaehyun. Prince Jaehyun if you want the formal." The guards laughed then pushed Jaehyun back. I jogged over to his side then was told to let him deal with it.

"What do you plan to do?" "Just stand back." I pinned him down. I didn't like his tone of voice. "No. I'm not gonna let you do whatever." "Younghoon?" I looked back and saw my mother standing not too far from the entrance. "Younghoon, you-" She stopped when she spotted Jaehyun underneath me. "Guards, pull them apart." I felt Jaehyun squirming beneath me. "Hoon." I let his arms go then wrapped my arms around him. I summoned my wings in hopes that it deter them.

"Younghoon, be good and let him go." "No." "H-" "We know who we are and how we got here! I'm not your actual son. Sure, we're blood related, but after learning things, I can't see you and dad in the same light." I felt Jaehyun shift in my arms. "We came here to learn why we needed to be separated. What actually happened in Pax..." I looked at my mother with pleading eyes. "Younghoon...you've really grown haven't you?" She walked past us then said something to the guards. They stepped aside and she motioned for us to follow. "Wow, I didn't think she was reasonable." "Lets go before they change their minds."

ㅣㅣㅣㅣㅣㅣㅣㅣ

We followed my mother into a room that didn't have much in it. "Wait in here. I'll bring the documents." "I'll come with you." I had gotten a bad feeling. "You don't want to come along, Jaehyun?" He shook his head. I didn't want to leave Jaehyun alone, but I couldn't ignore the bad feeling. I walked over to Jaehyun then whispered to him to stay alert. I noticed Cutie had poked her head out of his shirt and assured me he'd be fine. Hearing it from her made me feel less assured.

I followed behind my mother with doubts swirling around in my mind. It felt like another ploy to separate us. "In here." She opened the door and a room full of shelves with papers in them lied before us. "I don't know what's left as documents have been disappearing left and right." "Someone's getting rid of it all." I picked up a stack that was labeled Pax. I looked for the ban then spotted it. "Mom, who's K. Hong?" She didn't respond. I turned around then noticed someone else had taken her place. "Aren't you a curious little one? No one has shown interest in the Pax kingdom in a very long time." "Where did the woman go?" "She was needed elsewhere." I held the papers tighter then heard a familiar voice.

"He's shady. Don't say anything that could tip him off." It was Gin. I had forgotten he was with me. "Did you come here with someone? How did you get in?" "I had an appointment. I was on my way out and I got lost and ended up here. I remembered reading about the Pax kingdom, so I subconsciously picked these up." I put the papers back then moved away. "I apologize. Could you please lead me out?" "Of course." I knew Jaehyun was still in the room, but I couldn't risk him getting caught too. "Gin, think you could sneak out and tell Jae the situation?" "Roger."

ㅣㅣㅣㅣㅣㅣㅣㅣ

I waited outside in anticipation. Did Gin get caught? Was Jaehyun okay? I had no way of knowing. I noticed a portal had opened in front of me and Jaehyun soon tumbled out with Cutie and Gin following behind. "Jae! You're okay..." I hugged him tight as I thought something bad had happened. "Did you get to read enough?" "I wish. All I know is that some K. Hong person had asked for the ban. A lot of the papers had to do with K. Hong actually." "Then that's our person." "Jae, could you locate my mom? She suddenly disappeared without a sound."

He opened up a portal and showed me. "Who is that?" "He led me out." "I'll check it out." "Wait-" I pulled him back. "Gin didn't like him." "Which means your mom might be in trouble." He had a point, but I couldn't just let him go. "Let me go with you." "Would two people fit...?" We looked at Cutie who shrugged. Some help she was. "Then we'll do it this way." He held my hand then went through, pulling me after him.