Flight

[]

After resting for a while, we finally opened the book on magic. We skipped what we already knew. "Hey, this is..." It was about angels using more than one form of magic. "Says those kinds of angels are rare. Such a thing could only exist from birth." "So that means even back then we were capable of such a thing?" I learned more and more about myself everyday. I continued to flip to find out if angels were the only creatures to use magic. "Not here..." "Then lets try the myths book."

We flipped through and learned a thing or two. "Ah!" "What?" "Goddesses." "It says it's believe that they grant genuine and pure hearted wishes. No one has even seen one though." I sat back as I tried connecting it to us. "Maybe someone wished for us to be born 100 years later." "To avoid being killed in the massacre!" We clasped hands as pieces started to fit. "But, who? And when you had reverted to your child state...you said 'I'm alive'. It was weird." I looked at him as he thought. "Maybe...I actually died during the massacre?" "No...Then how could you be here now?" He shrugged then looked at the book. "Maybe the Goddess knows." I continued to read then noticed a familiar dust picture.

"A Goddess was definitely there on massacre day." "How are you so sure?" "An archaeologist showed me their findings and she showed me a small glass bottle full of dust just like this. It changed colors every time you turned it." It still didn't answer who had made the wish. "Ah, what about your wings?" "I think...we should head home and get those books." I materialized my wings then felt an incredible weight. "They lost more color..." "I guess you're carrying me huh?" "I don't mind."

I held the books tightly as we flew back to town. "I like carrying you this way." "It's embarrassing..." He gave me a smile before looking straight ahead. My heart pounded loudly. What was this feeling?

ㅣㅣㅣㅣㅣㅣㅣㅣ

He landed in front of my home then held my hand. "Ready?" "Yeah." I knocked on the door and waited for an answer. The door opened and my mother's jaw dropped. "You came home. And you're with Younghoon..." I pulled him inside and headed to my room.

"They should be on the shelves here." "What are you boys looking for?" I rolled my eyes then looked at my mother. "We know what you're hiding." "Hiding? What do you-" I materialized my wings then flared them. "You..." "I don't quite understand why Younghoon and I couldn't be together." I stepped closer to her. "In this life and in our past life, we've done nothing wrong. I won't let anyone separate us anymore. We're the victims here." Just seeing her made me so upset and bitter. I wanted to hurt her even, but I held back. I sighed in relief as I called back my heavy wings.

"Jae..." I looked at Younghoon and smiled. "I meant it. I'll be clinging to you until the day I die." I gave him a hug then felt something rubbing against my leg. I looked down and saw Cutie sitting beside us. "Jaehyun." I didn't want to look at my mother. "Miss, Prince Jaehyun no longer wants anything to do with you. Please go." The door shut and we were now alone in the room. "Cutie is starting to accept me? That's good." "Let's get out of here before your parents catch wind of us being here. Did you put the books in the bag?" He patted the bag with a smile.

ㅣㅣㅣㅣㅣㅣㅣㅣ

We sat on the ground as we browsed the book. "Oh yeah, look up peach feathers." "Roger." I flipped and flipped but couldn't find it. I took out the other one then found it. "Destined partner." I looked at him. "Really?" We both summoned our wings then pressed them together. They started to turn peach. "Jae, are you seeing this?" "Yeah...I am." I couldn't believe it. He was my destined partner. "That means even back then..." "Yeah..." I pulled away from him then kept looking for anything on coloration loss. "Jae, your wings." I looked back then saw they had some color.

I summoned mirrors and saw they had returned to normal. Even the weight had disappeared. "Just by joining wings..." He suddenly hugged me then rubbed his cheek against my head. "We're partners..." "Yeah. Weird right?" He looked at me with somber eyes. "Right." I felt bad. "Hoon." "Hm?" "Can I...try something?" "Sure." I connected my lips with his. I needed to understand what I was feeling. My heart beat had sped up and my body felt heated. It felt good. His arms slowly found their way to my waist as we continued to kiss. It wasn't weird to be honest, I just didn't understand.

I stared at him as he held me. "Do you still need to try something?" "No. I have my answer." I wiggled out of his hold then discreetly touched my lips. Maybe I liked him as more than a best friend. "Jae, I wasn't sure when to tell you this...but since we visited the ruins, I've had this feeling." "What?" He pulled me in for another kiss. It was heavier and more demanding than before. I felt a pulsating sensation in my wings as we kissed. I didn't know what was going on, but I didn't care. I liked what was going on between us. He pulled away then smiled. "I like you. I really do. And what makes it better is that we're destined partners." "I think I like you too." "I'll take it." I looked back at my wings but didn't see anything unusual.