13. Bloodthirst

Ezarel's POV
As we were having a drink, I couldn't help but notice that Nevra's behavior is getting weirder and weirder with each passing day. I mean it's not like I didn't know that after a while he'll crave blood, but I didn't know that it's going to happen that soon. He won't go crazy and attack anyone just yet, but as I see, it can happen any upcoming day, maybe even tomorrow. Altought I have been thinking on a few ways to calm his thirst, so maybe we won't need to recourse drastic measures.

I gently put a hand on his shaking shoulder, knowing that a sudden movement could make him snap, and he might be furious after. "Hey." I said gently, and gladly the others didn't notice my quite odd behavior towards him, since they were chattering. However, Leiftan did wink at us for some reason.

"You're weird." Said Nevra as a reaction. Even tought I admit he was right, so I'm not surprised that he said that.

"Aren't you more weird?"

"But I...you know...as a vampire...." It seemed like he already knew what I was trying to hint at.

"Yes, I know, that's why I want to talk to you. How long can you stay sane without blood?"

"I don't really know..." Said he quietly. "Maybe a few more days?"

"That's good. It might be less than needed, but If I'm not fast enough, plan B should work..." I was thinking out loud, getting a confused face from Nevra.

"You have plans? What are you planning?"

"Oh, well I'm not sure about plan A. There's a chance I could make a potion which would work as a blood replacement, and you would be able to drink that."

"And what's the B plan? Because your first plan is a bit complicated, and I don't want to turn into a bloodthirsty monster..."

"Well, plan B is much more easier. I'll just let you drink my blood."

"What?!" Asked Nevra a bit louder than he intended, which caused the others to look at as. I laughed a bit awkwardly, and told the others to continue their chat, we're fine, we're just having a converstation. Nevra looked at me with a wrathful expression, and he whisper-shouted at me.

"I won't let you to let me drink your blood you idiot!"

"Nevra, please, would you rather drink from a children for example?"

"No. But you could lock me up somewhere or something!" He suggested, and I rolled my eyes.

"If only you wouldn't get superior strength as a bloodthirsty vampire..."

"Oh, shut up. What do we need for the potion?" I gave him a list, and he took it and read it.

"Let's split up. If you got something, message me about it, so I wont look for it anymore. Got it?" He nodded, and we parted ways.

Fast forward about three hours, I was in the forest, looking for the things I haven't found. Nevra hadn't called me, so I suspected that he didn't had much luck either. I was thinking on buying needles, so I could feed Nevra, because if I'm honest, this blood replacement drink was highly experimental, and I had my doubts about it working. Even if I would be able to make something that could function as blood, I didn't have enough time to carry it out. Anyone might ask, even myself, that why am I still trying to make that potion, if I know that I probably don't have enough time? I must say, that the answer is pretty obvious. For one thing, you should never give up, so neither will I. And second, I'm doing this for Nevra. He is my friend after all, and as I saw, he really doesn't want to drink from me. I know that there is a chance that he might drink a bit too much, but for him, I would take the risk anytime. I know what you're thinking, but I'm not in love with him, so don't wait for us to get together or something.