Chapter 3: Set Backs

Please read & review!

"Okay, guys. We will assemble at the front of the gate in one hour. After sorting out your equipment, please be ready as soon as we all depart," Yamato instructed firmly with his hands placed on both of his hips. 

Later on, Naruto and Sakura were taking a stroll while discussing about their new teammate who recently joined the group. 

"I really can't stand that asshole Sai, you know," the blonde-haired ninja said exasperatedly and continued on sternly. "Why is he taking Sasuke's place all of a sudden? Three people is enough for Team Kakashi..."

The pink-haired kunoichi stared at him for a moment in which she understood what he was feeling and said with a smile. "He's definitely very vulgar. But don't you think he somewhat resembles him? His face, his voice and all..." 

Naruto crossed his arms behind the back of his head and pointed out. "Hmph. Not a bit. Sasuke's way cooler and much better than him." 

Sakura looked at him in surprise and did not expect him to admit a thing about their friend. 

"Yeah. You're right. Sasuke is somewhat cooler," the blonde-haired ninja complimented.

"Huh?! What do you mean by 'somewhat?' He is way, way better," the pink-haired kunoichi expressed deeply. 

During the day, Sakura was informing Tsunade at her office, regards to the issue of their getting along with Sai.

"Ah, that bad already?" The fifth Hokage asked in astonishment. 

"Yes," the pink-haired kunoichi nodded in reply. 

"Well, I'll try my best for the moment. Just make sure that Naruto is under the control and doesn't cause any trouble towards your teammate. There's no way other around it," Tsunade sighed tiredly. 

Then, a sudden knock was heard twice, which made them turned their attention on the door. 

"Enter!" Tsunade called out as Danzo appeared in front of them. 

"Who could that be?" Sakura asked in mind curiously.

"I don't know. But I have a strange feeling about this old man. He's someone who cannot be trusted easily. Girl, the next thing you will find out is that his devil horns are starting to show up," her inner remarked firmly. 

"Ah, Danzo. What is it?" Tsunade asked politely. 

"You have assigned an elite ANBU to be the leader of Team Kakashi. Is that correct?" Danzo questioned for reassurance. 

"I chose the person who stood out the most. The third Hokage's spirit was in the office," Tsunade answered with a smile. 

"Excellent. But I hope that Sai hasn't taken his teaching to heart. That old man was always afraid of getting into disputes and making decisions," Danzo smirked suspiciously and continued on. "Like how your grandfather taught the Third, hmm? Anyway, I'm satisfied now. I can go eat and rest. Goodbye," he said as he turned around and slowly walked away from them, then left the office. 

"Who in the world was that?" Sakura queered in peculiar. 

"That was Danzo. He competed for the title of Hokage with the late Third, Sarutobi-sensei. He's different from him. He's an overly serious, militaristic, logical thinking leader, and Sai's superior,. As the student of Sarutobi-sensei and granddaughter of the first Hokage, Danzo despises me," Tsunade explained in crestfallen.

Sakura stared at her silently and understood their history without saying anything about it. 

"Well, then. It's time for you to go. Good luck on your mission and come back safely," the fifth Hokage informed kindly with a smile. 

The pink-haired kunoichi nodded and said. "Thank you, lady Tsunade. I promise you, this mission will be successful like the rest."

"Of course. I believe in you and the rest. Again, don't let Naruto hurt Sai," Tsunade chuckled in amusement. 

"Don't worry. I got him," Sakura smiled and giggled, then left the office as she was about to head at the front of the main entrance gates with Team Kakashi.