Chapter 15: Sakura vs. Sasuke

Hey, guys! I'm almost done halfway of this story as it is about to end. I will be writing the next story. 

Anyways, please read & review!

"Sasuke. A word of advice. If you're done with that woman, kill her. She knows too much about our plans," Tobi ordered darkly.

"Our plans? Who said I was working with you? Whatever. I'll see you later," Sasuke informed, then looked up at the sky until he stared down at the red-haired kunoichi, who was dying slowly in front of him.

"I wish I could see that same smile... One last time..." Karin thought weakly in mind.

Once the dark-haired ninja was about to strike her with his Chidori, a familiar voice suddenly called out loud, much to his awareness.

"Sasuke!" The pink-haired kunoichi stood in the edge of the broken bridge.

The dark-haired ninja, on the other hand, clenched his fist tightly and turned around coldly, saying. "Sakura..."

"It doesn't feel like the old Sasuke... Is this really the same person? His chakra is..." the pink-haired kunoichi was panting out of breath and felt nervous, but managed to stay calm.

"Why have you come before me this time?" Sasuke asked in annoyance.

"Sasuke, I'm abandoning the leaf village and coming with you!" Sakura announced, then she jumped onto the side of the bridge.

"You wouldn't gain anything by following me. What are you plotting?" Sasuke interrogated.

"I'm not plotting anything! It's just... I've always regretted not going with you when you left the hidden leaf..." Sakura stated desperately.

"She's... an old friend and she loves him too but..." Karin pointed out in mind.

"I'll do whatever you want me to do. I don't want to have anymore regrets..." Sakura explained.

"Do you know... what I want?" Sasuke asked slowly while he was narrowing his eyes towards her.

"It doesn't matter! I'll do whatever you say," Sakura gestured her arms out to lend a hand.

"I want to destroy the leaf. That's what I want..." Sasuke declared menacingly, much to the pink-haired kunoichi's shock and disbelief. "Would you really betray the leaf for me?"

"Yes... If you... say so..." Sakura answered determinedly.

"Then, you'll have to prove it..." the dark-haired ninja said and began to point his finger on Karin. "If you kill her, I'll let you come with me."

The pink-haired kunoichi's eyes widened in astonishment as she paused for a moment to think.

"Sakura... Don't do it," her inner self warned and continued on. "You're getting yourself in danger."

"Look, trust me. I know what I'm doing. I'll be fine and you can try helping me. Besides, he's someone I still care for," the pink-haired kunoichi explained serenely while looking at her long-time friend intensely.

"Girl, I'm right behind you. But if things go rough, we have to withdraw because Sasuke is not who you think he is anymore. Remember that," her inner self notified.

From that moment on, Sakura began to swallow as she formed a few drops of sweat from her forehead, then took out her kunai knife out of her cloak. She started to ask him in curiosity. "Who is she?"

"One of the members of Team Hawk. As you can see, she's no longer useful to me now. Sakura, you were a healer, weren't you? You'll make a good replacement for her," Sasuke described nonchalant.